48. Elven sandwich

Santra's POV

My second chance of love turned out to be a second chance of pain. I had not one but two mates and they were elves. And way younger than me. Why would they want a broken soul like me? They will reject me and the pain will be doubled. I hope this time I die.

My wolf howled in my head. She hasn't spoken to me after we got rejected. She doesn't blame me but we shared the same depression. She also didn't want to leave grandma alone.

Jasmine and Lorelei appeared and sat on the forest floor, where I was leaning against a tree, on my sides. Their calmness spread through my body and I relaxed a little. I sighed.

"They are good boys, Santra. Talk to them at least, please" Jasmine said.

"I can't take another rejection, girls. Double rejection at that. I am 30 and they are like what? 20?"

"23"

"They are elves, and I am a werewolf. There is no way they would accept me" I sobed

"Do you want them to?" Lory asked

"I want to be loved, girls. I don't want to be alone but I also don't want to be with just anyone. I tried having a relationship twice. One had found his mate the same day we decided to mark each other. I let him go, I didn't want to cause another she-wolf the pain I lived through. And the second one... It just didn't feel right for both of us. We cared about each other but we weren't in love. So, to answer your question, yes I want them to accept me but..."

"But what?" a voice asked and it sent shivers down my spine. I looked up and saw the elven twins standing there in all their glory. They looked exactly the same. Their long blond hairs braided, two shorter strands framing their faces. Their eyes were the most beautiful honey, almost yellow color, sparkling and hypnotizing.

They both had tattoos on their necks running up behind their pointed ears and I wanted to see where those tattoos started from. Someone cleared their throat and broke my trance.

"Please let's talk before you make a decision about us" one of them said

"Please let's talk before you make a decision about us" one of them said. I looked towards the pups (who are grown ups now) that helped save my life not once but twice.

"Just hear them out" Lorelei pleaded with her eyes and through our mindlink.

"I will, but promise me, if they reject me and I die again, this time you will not save me" I replied firmly and she nodded.

The three of them left me alone with my mates. My wolf started purring. They kneeled across from me and each of them took a hand of mine in theirs.

"My name is Nilo and this is my brother, Joran. We know your name is Santra?" one said. My name rolling off his tongue so naturally it gave me goosebumps

"We are the princes of our kingdom - Vinyamar. It means..."

"New home" I whispered, interrupting Joran. I loved foreign languages and used my free time to learn them.