Babysitting The Cat

To all my book lovers who want a man to push her against the romance section and whisper, "Which book, darling?"

Juliet's hand was arcoss Miguel's chest and around his neck, and her right leg was draped over his lower stomach. She slowly got up, careful not to wake him and snuck out the front door to go get her kitten.

Miguel woke up an hour later and then felt she wasn't in bed he got up quickly and started searching for her in all of his rooms. Miguel heard a door open then he rushed to see if it was Juliet. She was holding her kitten and a grocery bag, and she stood a couple of feet away from him.
"Where the hell were you?" he yelled a little.
"I went to get CoCo. She has to have food too, you know?" She said slipping off her shoes at the door.
"No, it's not ok for you to keep doing this! You disappeared on the other mission and you disappeared now, you can't do that!"
She sighed and came closer to him, "I know, I'm sorry that wasn't right, next time I'll let you know or leave a note."

She then kissed him and he gave in, "You make it so hard to stay mad, you know?"
"I know," she said walking away and pouring her kitten some milk. Miguel smirked and looked her up and down then joined her in the kitchen. She had bought some kitten food and poured it into a bowl next to its milk. She stood up to meet his eyes across the island and spoke, "Do you want something to eat?" she asked.
"Yeah, thanks. I'm a horrible cook."
"OK, I'll make an omelet and toast with turkey bacon. Does that sound good?" she pulled the turkey bacon out of the grocery bag, a protein shake, and pulled bread, butter and an egg.
"Yeah, thanks." he grabbed some fruit out of the frigid and started to cut them up while she was busy cooking.
Juliet went to grab the silverware then saw that there was a singular fork.
"You only have one fork?" she held it up the him.
"I'm one person, so yeah."
"This is not welcoming, this is not welcoming at all."
"Well, I have those little plastic forks," he replied. She glared at him, "What?" he asked.

When their food was ready she put it on a plate and started to drink her protein drink. Miguel sat beside her and she noticed the green drink beside his food and she made a confused face, "What in all of the multiverse is that?" She asked.
"It's a vegetable shake."
"No, this is a healthy beverage." She picked up her chocolate-looking protein shake and then gestured to his drink, "That on the other hand is a science experiment gone wrong!"
"Ok, can I just eat in peace?"
"Yeah, I think the whole world would be at peace if you threw that off of the planet, why don't you just eat the vegetables?"
"I don't know, I preferred this over that milk chocolate."
"Hey, this is a protein drink and you know it! Now let me eat in peace," she said mockingly.
He rolled his eyes and they finished their food and drinks.

Juliet threw her food away and so did Miguel, he sat on the couch and Juliet followed him with Coco in her hand. She sat down beside him, curled up on the couch, propped her head up on her arm, then glared at him.
"What are you doing?" he asked.
"Reading your mind."
"Please, don't." he put his hand over her face and pushed her away gently. She laughed then CoCo crawled into his lap.
"You have been chosen." She said.
"No, keep it to yourself!" he tried to put it in her lap but it crawled back into his.
"You have cat energy, cats recognize their own." she smiled.
"Whatever." he tried to act like he didn't like it but secretly they both knew he loved CoCo.

"So, what's the plan for today, Spider-Man?" Juliet said in a Spanish seductive tone.
"I like it when you say it like that," he said putting the kitten down and pushing her gently, onto the couch.
"Spider-man," she said once more then he chuckled and kissed her lips getting in between her legs. He had his hand around her throat, his other hand went up under her shirt a little, down under her pants then her panties, and rubbed her clit up and down. Juliet moaned with the contact, then they heard a knock at the door and Miguel sighed and got up to see who it was. Juliet grabbed CoCo and followed Miguel towards the door, he opened it and it was Gabriel.
"Hey, uh...Juliet, what are you doing here?"
"I uh-stayed here for the night," she said scratching the back of her head.
"Oh," he said then realization hit him,"Oh!"
"What do you want Gabriel?" He asked straightforwardly.
"Geez, hello to you too. Alchemax is putting an all-out bulletin for you and Juliet right now. Miguel, I think they got your message."
"What message?" she asked.
"Oh, the 'The stay away from Storm-fly and I'm coming for you' message."
"Mierda," Miguel said under his breath.
"Yeah, we may need to act sooner than expected," Gabriel said.
"Yeah, I think we can go through with this plan in about two weeks or so," Miguel said.
"OK, well. I just came to tell you that, goodbye Kasey and I got a hot date! I can't wait!" He said leaving excitedly.
"Ok, bye."
"Goodbye, Gabriel." Juliet got CoCo's paw and waved to him then Miguel shut the door, held the brink of his nose, and mumbled some words in Spanish.
"Mig, everything will be alright the plan will work." she put her hand on his arm.
"Thanks." he sighed.
"I know the underworld needs our help with superheroing."
"Ok, let's go. Suit up."