Ch. 26 - Return to the Cave

Ch. 26 - Seeing Guijiu

Zhang Jingmo stayed in this secular world for about two years.

In another identity, he helped Shen Jiang get what he wanted and promoted him to the most powerful position in Zhao country.

It is a simple matter for a Golden Core Stage monk to change the destiny of the mortal world, but changing the destiny of the country requires paying a price.

Fortunately, Gu Chenjiang himself has some dragon energy, otherwise Zhang Jingmo might have to pay a heavier price if he wanted to help him seize the throne.

In cultivating cause and effect, what kind of cause is planted will produce what kind of result.

Zhang Jingmo's path to Taoism is all about having a clear conscience, so even if he has to pay some price, he still has to do what needs to be done.

For a monk, two years is just a blink of an eye, but these two years are enough to change the entire secular world.

The day before Gu Chenjiang sat on the throne, he suddenly asked Zhang Jingmo, "Tell me, if I keep thinking about someone in my heart, does it mean that I love him?"

Zhang Jingmo transformed into an old man in his sixties. He naturally didn't realize that Gu Chenjiang was talking about him. He thought that Gu Chenjiang was talking about some noble lady he had seen, so he said: "Wait until Shen Jiang sits down." Once you get to that position, what else in the world can't you get?"

Gu Chenjiang seemed to think this was reasonable, and said, "Go and find someone for me."

Zhang Jingmo nodded slightly and waited for Gu Chenjiang to say the person's name.

Gu Chenjiang said: "Chen Baicang."

Hearing this answer without any preparation, Zhang Jingmo's face was slightly distorted, but he quickly returned to normal. He said, "Which country is this person from? Where does he live? Who else is there in the family?"

Gu Chenjiang thought for a moment, then shook his head and said, "I don't know."

Zhang Jingmo was speechless.

Gu Chenjiang said: "I only know that I can't seem to forget this person..."

Zhang Jingmo was speechless, but due to his status at this time, he had no choice but to accept the matter.

So while helping Gu Chenjiang consolidate his position, Zhang Jingmo also pretended to help Gu Chenjiang find "Chen Baicang" - a person who never existed.

The search turned out to be fruitless. Before Zhang Jingmo left Gu Chenjiang's side, Gu Chenjiang was not able to see his old friend again.

Gu Chenjiang got into the position he wanted most, and Gu Chenshan also found the person she was looking for.

Gu Chenshan's husband was a son of a nobleman. He fell in love with Gu Chenshan at first sight, and then they concluded a marriage contract and got married smoothly.

After the marriage, Gu Chenjiang's husband loved Gu Chenshan very much and made a promise to her to be together for the rest of their lives - you must know how shocking this promise was at the time.

Fortunately, the relationship between Gu Chenshan and her husband was not affected by other people. Gu Chenshan had given birth to a son before Zhang Jingmo left. In short, everything was moving in a good direction.

After the dust settled, Zhang Jingmo left. Before he left, he left a clone here. This clone looked exactly like him and even had consciousness. He could protect the Gu brothers and sisters in Zhang Jingmo's place. They will not return to Zhang Jingmo until they have exhausted their longevity.