Chapter 2:False Visions

"The Blade of...how do you-"
"I never casted my sword after that battle many years ago like that fool." The Prince frowned and gently touched the surface of the blade.
"Too bad after all these years, the Sword lost its power...I heard that you are searching for the blade of Creation?" Lucifer shook his head and glared at nothing in particular.
"Why do you care?"
Laughing, Lucifer slowly circled Damiana, thinking deeply.
"Why don't you obey me? Why help the very beings that despise you?"
Damiana simply crossed her arms and glared up at Lucifer defiantly.
"Oh, getting bold are we? What will you do after you construct this blade, huh?" Lucifer questioned, stopping in front of Damiana.
"I will challenge you and win." Damiana snapped, tensing herself up for a fight.
"Oh," Lucifer chuckled, "how are you so sure?"
"Why?"
"You are of my kin, you won't go against me for so long." Lucifer thrusted the blade into the ground.
"I have been doing so for almost 150 years, what makes you so sure you know what I'll do?" Damiana hissed.
Lucifer smirked and flicked his wrist, summoning a seemingly living fire before them.
"You will change, with much given force." He started, using his hands to sculpt the fire in a smaller version of Damiana.
Before Damiana could retort, Lucifer twisted the flames into two beings, one of him and the other of Damiana.
"I know what you will do; you and I will battle," he smiled, making the flame beings battle in a sword duel.
"You will turn against the Brotherhood and the useless Council,"
The duel disbanded as the two swords clashed and split into 5 beings. The smallest being and the one with a large bladed scythe fought as the other 3 laid slain. Before the scythe and blade clashed, the fire disbanded and displayed Damiana standing with her opponent's scythe in her hand and a familiar mask griped in her hand.
"You and your brothers will lead our armies to attack Heaven and we shall storm the Creator's domain."
The fire twisted into another 4 beings, one being Damiana and the other Lucifer. Damiana and Lucifer sat atop Thrones of some kind, with the other two standing at the foot of the Thrones.
"No."
Lucifer disbanded the fire and frowned down at Damiana.
"No?"
"I would never turn my back on my brothers! I will never let you win!" Damiana hissed, taking a threatening step towards Lucifer.
"Of course, they always say that." Lucifer smirked.
When Damiana drew up her twin blades, Lucifer only smirked and looked at the blades in interest.
"You really believe you can attempt to fight me with those weapons? You haven't even unlocked their full potential." He said, chuckling quietly.
"They did the trick on your General!" Damiana hissed.
"Point taken. Furor and Opacare are their names, Dantè abandoned them long ago..."
"Don't play me as a fool and be nice to me now, after all you have done to me-"
"I didn't tell your father to sell you and your mother's soul. I'm just trying to be the Father you never had." Lucifer smiled coyly.
"Bullshit,"
Lucifer laughed and took hold of Furor, the blade that always laid at Damiana's left side.
"Ah Furor, what happened to your powers?" He mumbled, examining the blade's smooth surface.
"I can restore your powers, don't worry."
Lucifer blinked at Damiana and slowly started to frown.
"You know...do you have any idea where the first shard of the sword is?"
"No, but I'll-"
Lucifer shook his head and shushed Damiana.
"Made by the hands of arrogance,
Casted away by the tears of despair.
Past the Elysium Gates,
The key awaits,
Where the Virgin works.
Paradoxes lie here, along with doubt."
Damiana tilted her head.
"Wha-"
🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Making a loud snort, Damiana raised her head from her pillow in confusion.
Looking around the room, her eyes rested on Death's, who quickly looked down at the book.
"Were...you watching me sleep?!"
"No." Death said quickly, not even bothering to look up.
"Then why were you..."
"I haven't found anything more on the Creation Blade." Death interrupted, closing the book with a deep sigh.
The two sat in silence for awhile, each in their own thoughts.
"Hey, Death?"
"Hm?"
"Do you think I'm...bad?" Damiana said quietly, hugging her knees to her chin.
"No. I think you're just conflicted." Death muttered.
"Conflicted?"
"You are deciding whether or not you should be good, hence your background."
Damiana nodded once and bit her bottom lip.
"You don't think I would...turn on you guys, correct?"
Death simply blinked and held eye contact with Damiana, clearly thinking deeply about her statement.
"Um...I don't-"
War stopped once at Damiana's door and leaned against the doorframe, making a the wood groan against his bulky body.
"Find anything yet?"
"No, not yet." Death said, tilting his head towards War but kept his gaze on Damiana.
"Oh...well, unless you two are deaf, the Council is requesting our audience."
Death stood up and stayed still for a moment, most likely still thinking about Damiana's question.
"Be ready in 10," he said after a long silence, walking outside the room.
War watched his eldest brother go and raised an eyebrow.
"What...were you and him speaking of?"
"Nothing important...I need to get ready, git." Damiana rushed War from her doorway and slammed the door behind him.
"No good morning or anything?" She heard War grumble as he walked away.
Sighing deeply, Damiana turned to her desk and went to take up her twin blades.
"Aw, now what the hell-"
Instead of the normal steel twin blades, Damiana's prized possessions turned two different colors. Furor, her left blade, was a steel gray with orange vein like dents. The flat of the blade was a vibrant red that seemed to pulse.
Opacare, Damiana's right blade, was a full black with white vein like dents. The handle of the blade had lightning like bolts dancing across the leather.
"What the...whatever!" Damiana huffed, turning to run out her room.