Chapter 7: The Unknown Anomaly

~A/N yeah, after THIS chapter, the story will be put on hold :3.~
"Is she...okay?"
Damiana continued gazing at the dripping grey blood and sniffed it cautiously. The blood emanated an odd smell. It reeked of, if it made any sense, shadows; old and musty, in a sense. In a small way, it smelled familiar as well,
Like if someone she knew...
'But who could it be?' She thought, biting her bottom lip.
When she looked up, Damiana met Death's gaze and found herself quivering.
"What happened?" He asked, noticing Damiana's hands were shaking.
"No...nothing." She answered, hiding her hands.
"It doesn't seem like nothing." Death looked towards the large crater in the wall.
When he reached down to help Damiana up from the floor, she only shuttered and stood up herself.
"The assassin came and...it looked like you, a lot actually." Damiana mumbled.
"Oh?"
"Oh. But then I had to...I didn't kill it." She held up her sword and weakly grinned.
"But are you okay?"
"I detect a sudden spike in your heart-" Vora interjected.
Damiana turned back and gave her a severe look. Vora seemed to blush and kept quiet.
"So that's your Watcher? I have never seen that variation before-"
"Why are you here anyhow?"
"I...thought you were in danger."
Abbadon strode up to the two horsemen, obviously angered beyond belief.
"So this is the Council's idea on protecting?" He started, glaring down at Death.
"It wasn't known what the assassin was capable of." Death said, oddly calmly.
Damiana sighed and leaned against an ivory column beside her.
"Rider Damiana?" Vora mumbled, standing beside Damiana.
"Yeah?"
"I found something very interesting in your mother's room, I think you should see it." She said quietly, flitting over to the top of the staircase.
Damiana gazed back at the arguing Abbadon and Death, then sighed again and followed Vora back to the extravagant room.
♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️
"Look, this book is out of place." Vora said, pointing to the third level of the bookcase.
"Really?"
"All the books are neat and orderly. Why is one out of place?"
"She's been out of Heaven for a little over a century and a half." Damiana folded her arms.
"Well, put it back in place then." Vora stepped out of the way and ushered Damiana to the shelf.
Rolling her eyes, Damiana forcefully pushed the book back into place.
"See-" Damiana jumped back when the bookcase slowly started to move.
"How did you know this?" Damiana tilted her head and look into the dark passageway.
"I just thought it was interesting that a book was out of place; how could anyone live with that??" Vora exclaimed, floating up to the bookcase to examine the book.
"Wh- c'mon!" Damiana snatched Vora away from the bookcase and dragged her into the downward spiral staircase.
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
When Damiana and Vora stumbled into the brightly lit room, Vora shook her head in awe.
"Look at all the books..." She sighed happily, flipping through the old books.
Damiana nodded once and mumbled "go crazy." to the excited Watcher.
'Mother...what were you doing?' She thought, walking past the marble table.
Her magenta amulet slowly started to glow brightly as she passed a certain point of the room, casting an eerie glow.
"Hm?" Damiana took a step back and gazed down at the large open book on the table.
Turned a tinge of yellow with age, the book had many underlined phrases within its pages. The writing, though not of any dialect Damiana knew of, was haphazardly scrawled over the elegant symbols of the book.
"Mm...Vora, can you read this?" Damiana waved the ecstatic Watcher over.
"Uh...no, I have no idea what language that is." Vora squinted and tilted her head at the odd writing.
"Huh...well, maybe it's not that important?" Damiana sighed deeply, taking the amulet from her breastplate to gaze down at it.
"Horseman...look."
Damiana looked down at the paper and raised an eyebrow. Through her hand, Damiana's amulet' glow leaked onto the pages, bathing the paper in a pale purple light. Instead of the non understandable writing was English,
Human English...
"Your amulet can do that?! Wow, what else can it do-"
Damiana shook her head in disbelief and looked at the words in interest.
"Exitium...the Blade of Destruction.." Damiana breathed, putting her hand on the table top to steady herself.
"Genesis...the Blade of Creation..." Damiana held her breath in and turned the page.
"Where are the pieces?" She read out loud from one of a certain person's notes.
"So, you're mother believed in this too?" Vora tilted her head.
"Er huh."
"Good thing you're gonna stick to your job that the Council assigned to you, right?" Vora laughed nervously.
Damiana opened her mouth to say something, but promptly shut it and shook her head.
"Yeah...do me favor and watch the outside?" Damiana nodded towards the open doorway.
Vora dipped her head and floated back over to the entrance.
"Hm...Mother...you knew where the pieces were?! Why didn't you tell me..." Damiana tilted her head at the long list.
"Uh...Damiana?" Vora hissed from the doorway.
"What?"
"Uh...The scary man with the mask is coming down the stairs..." Vora cowered to the side, turning a dark shade of pink.
      Damiana jumped and stuffed the book under her arm, covering it with her hair.
"There you are. What were you doing?"
"Uh...reading?" Damiana looked towards Vora, who simply shrugged.
"Uh huh. We need to regroup. Our brothers are on their way." Death said, not entirely believing the vague answer.
                    🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸