Chapter 9: The Greatest Small Lie Ever Told

~hey guys, sorry if this chapter is confusing. I didn't like the previous chapter too much and I'm doing a Chapter Rewrite~~ Anyway, Enjoy everyone 😇~
~
     Damiana sat silently at Abbadon's feet, looking up at him in distant anger.
"Who are you staring at?"
"You."
"Well, I'm ordering you to stop."
"As soon as you tell me where the other shard to Genesis is."
      Sighing angrily, Abbadon slammed the book closed and glared down at the stubborn Damiana, wanting to throttle the young girl.
"Genesis isn't real, it's legend, a foolish legend."
"So my mother was foolish, huh?" Damiana retorted, jumping up to cross her arms.
"I never said MY sister was, Horseman, I simply said the legend was foolish."
     Grumbling to herself, Damiana absentmindedly looked towards the window.
"It's so bright here..." Damiana mumbled, more to herself than anyone.
"It's Heaven, somewhere you aren't supposed to be, what did you expect?" Abbadon hissed back at Damiana, looking up to glare at her with his white eye.
"I've been meaning to ask, what happened to your eye?" She changed the subject, smiling cheekily.
"Close encounter with a sword." Abbadon mumbled, looking back down at the book Damiana gave to him.
"Ooh sounds like a story-"
"Why did you talk non stop for the past HOURS?" Abbadon interrupted, slamming the book closed.
"Because...I'm bored...?"
"I'm sorry that this isn't entertaining for you." Abbadon smirked sarcastically, getting up to leave.
"You know....whether you like it or not...your blood runs in my veins as well as my mother's..." Damiana sighed sadly, watching Abbadon leave the room.
"And I'll forever be damned for that...bring that book, shut up, and be my escort." He snarled, slamming the door firmly behind him.
      Sighing deeply, Damiana walked over to Abbadon's desk and heaved the book into her arms.
'Goddamn bastard...' She screamed in her head.
'I try to be nice and he waves me off.'
"Being nice isn't fun, you know." A husky voice rang from across the room.
"Ha-ha, Vora, you showed me your voice thing an hour or so back." She sighed, turning to smile weakly at the Watcher.
But only a lone Raven stood at the windowsill....
"Now I know I'm crazy, shoo, you!" Damiana waved the book threateningly at the bird.
     The bird only tilted his head and ruffled up his pure black feathers in an aggressive manner.
"Pfsh, whatever." She shrugged turning to leave.
"Wait!"
Rolling her eyes, Damiana turned back to the Raven and crossed her arms across the book surface.
"What do you want, bird??"
"I can't change here, they'll find me and figure is out. My name is Dantè."
"That's a strange name for a bird."
"That's because I'm not a bird, you- never mind. I'm your half and more charming brother, Dantè, Demetrix's brother." The Raven said telepathically.
"Brother..? That means you're a demon!" Damiana edged closer to the Raven and tilted her head.
"Correct, I needed to give this to you." The Raven tucked his head in his feathers and pulled out a rusted hilt of a sword.
"This is a piece of Genesis, our father had it."
"Why...are you helping me..?" Damiana took the sword piece and stuffed it in her satchel.
"I wasn't supposed to, but I like you, Dami, and I want to see you on our side."
"Bringing me a piece of your weapon's power isnt-"
"Hush! That Archangel is coming back." The Raven flapped his wings and went to go land on Damiana's shoulder.
"What the hell is taking you so long?!" Abbadon called into the room, flinging open the door.
              ➕➕➕➕➕➕➕
"Interesting," Azrael muttered, flipping through the pages with ease and care.
"I know right?" Damiana looked up at the quiet angel of death.
"Muriel wrote this, you say? Do you believe in what's to happen, Aloxsunamoon?"
"Don't tell me you believe the Anti-Christ!" Abbadon grumbled, picking up an ancient book from the shelf.
"Please don't touch-"
Azrael sighed and shook his head when he gazed back at Abbadon, who had a torn page of the book in his hand.
"That..."
"Sorry."
"Yes I believe Aloxsunamoon, if her mother Muriel, your sister, believed it." Azrael grinned down at Damiana.
Damiana blushed and nodded once, smiling widely in happiness. When the Raven pecked at her hair, Damiana glared at the black being.
"Show him the shard, Dami." The Raven hissed, glaring hard into her Crimson eyes.
Sighing, Damiana went into her satchel and pulled out the large rustedpiece of a hilt.
"Is this...a piece of Genesis?" Damiana held up the hilt and smiled sheepishly.
Hesitantly, Azrael gently took the shard from Damiana's grasp.
"I believe it is...where ever did you come across this?" Azrael put the shard on be marble table.
"I...found it...somewhere." She laughed nervously, curling her upper lip in an awkward smile.
"Even more interesting...hm...if you say Lucifer has Exitium-"
"And he's using the blood of your archangels to grant the blade more power!" Damiana said quickly, getting more and more excited.
"Is that why our Archangels are being hunted and killed?"
"Precisely." Damiana nodded to seem smart.
    Azrael looked back down at the shard and turned to leave.
"For eons I have kept this from Heaven." Azrael motioned for Damiana to follow.
"What?" Abbadon asked angrily, quickly catching up to Damiana and Azrael.
"I feared that if Heaven, especially you my friend, knew of this, you would have waged more wars with Hell, further throwing the Balance off, you understand, Aloxsunamoon?" Azrael looked down at Damiana.
Nodding quickly, Damiana struggled to keep up with the Angels' long strides. Dantè flapped angrily and cawed in Damiana's ear.
"Sorry!" She whispered to the raven.
"Er, definitely, I do! I do fight to keep the balance in check."
Abbadon turned and glared down at Damiana, shushing her.
"Precisely what you are to do...Muriel and I were trusted with this secret and for her to...maybe the Balance is shifting." Azrael opened a glass case and pulled out a Jaded capsule.
Without uttering another word, Azrael gently opened the top and pulled out a dusted metal piece the size of his hand.
"What's that?" Damiana struggled to see what was in Azrael's hands.
"This...is one of the blade pieces that made up Exitium, the blade of Creation." Azrael mumbled, not looking up to face the angered expression Abbadon wore.
"So you kept this from Heaven for years??! Why?"
"You would have waged War on Hell and destroyed yourselves!" Azrael hissed, glaring at the angel general.
"So! We would have WON! You-"
"Shut up for once, damn!" Damiana growled, crossing her arms.
"Thank you, Aloxsunamoon...but we really need to confer with your elder brothers, they would know what's best." Azrael muttered, pushing Damiana back gently with his wing.
"Oh um...okay..." Damiana mumbled, watching the two angels bicker amongst themselves.
"Are you really gonna allow him to brush you off like that? Make yourself heard." Dantè leaned over and whispered to Damiana.
"Wait...no, Death said I...am old enough to....make decisions for the brotherhood!" Damiana mumbled, poking Azrael's side.
"Hm?" The Angel looked down at Damiana in surprise.
"Yes...tell him yes." Dantè mumbled in Damiana's ear.
"Um...yes." Damiana smiled sheepishly.
"Hm...are you certain Death allowed someone of your...caliber to make decisions-"
"Even the Council said I'm old enough." Damiana folded her arms and smirked, greatly enjoying this.
"Interesting....well...you want to embark on finding the missing pieces?"
"Absolutely!"
"Then listen close...." Azrael raised an platinum blonde eyebrow and ushered Damiana to the table.
"Good...continue and no one will be in our way." Dantè smirked, laughter apparent in his voice.