𝐕

"Oliver? Oliver, sweetheart, are you listening?"

Oliver shook his head, and blinked the fuzziness out of his eyes. He nodded his head towards Elspeth and sunk down in his chair, folding his arms over one another in subtle annoyance.

Right as he began folding clothes for Darling Darla, a maid came in and told Oliver he was needed downstairs and that Darla was to run some errands for the day. He was irritated that he wasn't able to go with her and even more so that he had to return to the family.

When Oliver made his way back down to the hall, Farleigh had returned and the family was sat at the dinner table once again. When he seated himself, Elspeth began rambling about a party that was to take place for Oliver's birthday, and that's when Farleigh chimed in.

"Maybe, since we want to celebrate Darla coming back as well as Oliver's birthday... we could do a party for both occasions." He looked over at Elspeth and her eyebrows raised as she clapped her hands together.

"That's a wonderful idea! Of course, if Oliver doesn't mind sharing his spotlight..." her head turned to the grumpy Oliver who immediately corrected his posture and cleared his throat. He looked at Elspeth and nodded with a sigh, to which she laughed aloud in joy.

"Excellent! We must begin preparations at once!" Elspeth said as she began rushing out of the dining room and Oliver rolled his eyes before he stood from his chair. As he went to leave, someone grabbed his arm and he turned to see Felix hovering above him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as Felix started speaking.

"Listen, we're having an evening swim at the lake, care to join? V has already texted Darla and she's said yes, so it'd be cool to have all of us together," Felix asked while shoving his hands in his pockets. He has a hopeful glint in his eye, and Oliver pursed his lips before smiling and nodding. Felix smiled back and awkwardly turned away and walked in the opposite direction.

Oliver sighed, not having to energy to deal with antics of the family but he would. He would do it for Darla.