"Is it love?!" (14)

Never in their deepest dreams had Anjali and Chandrakala thought that the family dinner plan they made to clear all the fog if any were in Veer and Bani's life would be the greatest fog accumulater in their lives

"Veeru, we will always be together!"

The naive words which Bani said in their childhood flashed through Veer's head as he laid flat on his bed with tears rushing out his eyes. Was he not worth Bani and her presence?! Maybe he and Bani were destined to part ways at some point of life. he clenched his eyes shut feeling the pain riling up on that mere thought of losing Bani.

Veer released a deep breath and pulled himself up and wiped his rushing tears harshly and stood infront of the mirror.

"Veeranshu Singhania! Don't ever forget that Aani and her happiness is your top priority and if she is happy with Zain then you will have to let her be happy.... Don't ever be an obstacle in her life" he said looking at his reflection and wiped a lone tear which flew down his eyes and smiled.

"If Aani is happy I will be happy too..." Veer repeated and looked at his torn reflection before slumping down on to the bed and curling himself up so as to grab some sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I really don't know what might have happened between Veeru and Zain. Veeru looked so down when he was back... I really hope this won't be that bad" Bani murmured to herself as she made the bed being lost in thoughts. She had noticed the indifference in Veer's behaviour and all she could do was to worry about him and his well being because she was confused ; too much confused about what was happening and what she was supposed to do.

It was her first time saying yes to a proposal and she was not able to differentiate between what she was supposed to do and what not , how to keep people close and how to manage all these. Bani shook her head to get rid of these disturbing thoughts and got on the bed. She will definitely clear all these things tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sun rays peeped in through the curtains and Bani rolled under the blanket when the young rays adamantly interrupted her sleep.

She huffed and pulled herself up lazily when the alarm of 7:00 am rang. And following her usual schedule, Bani dialled veer's number before opening her eyes fully.

"The person you have dialled is not answering, please try again later!"

It was exactly when a frown got into Bani's face and she looked at the phone taken aback. Veer didn't take her call?! Sitting straight, now with all consciousness, Bani tried calling again only to be left dejected when the sentence got repeated and her call went unattended once again.

"Why is he not taking my call?!" Bani whispered to herself and then calmed herself thinking that he might be tired and will be asleep due to yesterday's outing. She sighed and clicked on the mobile data and stared at the screen when notifications flooded in. She opened the WhatsApp and stared at Zain message which said "Good morning"