Jericho and CO

Lockwood had gone off to have dinner with Fittes and Rockwell, seeing as he was all over the front pages after the Chelsea incident. a publicized event. Holly Monroe had gone home for the night much to Gabby and Lucy's relief they seemed to be getting along well which I was happy about, we sat at 35 Portland Row all crammed in the small kitchen. upon entry I noticed a large white tablecloth covering the kitchen table filled with tiny doodles and crewed drawings of ideas and visitors, George had sketched a layout of a large house, and Lucy dished out sandwiches and tea which we happily ate going over the plan for tonight, Gabriella couldn't hide her excitement.

   "I'm happy to see you George but this is going to make my visit here much more satisfying, don't you agree Jericho?"

   I looked up from an unflattering character of Holly Monroe. "Beats sightseeing for sure, when you see one grey depressing building you've seen them all"

   "Have you seen DEPRAC?" George asked. his head was barely visible behind a stack of folders and paperwork, his last-ditch effort to gain intel on our case tonight "It's really impressive we go there loads. tea is terrible and Inspector Barnes has the face of a dead walrus but none less you can't deny its design is unmatched"

   I shook my head explaining that Gabriella and I came directly to Portland Row from the airport.

   "I could take you one day, depending on how long you're staying it's not THAT impressive, but as sights go, it's ok, it's really the Thames you want to be on, I know a great place that looks all the best spots," she said cooly sipping her tea. Gabby made her gargling noise again

   "IF we have time that is....so what are we looking at tonight George?" Lucy quickly added.

we all huddled together squishing George against the table. Gabby had made sure to be squeezed securely between Lucy and me. We held our breaths It appeared that Mrs Horsham's son had passed about 12 years ago, he was buried in the garden under an old chestnut tree. she sprinkled salt and iron religiously every time she went out into the garden to keep him from coming back.

   "It's strange, you would think all the Iron and salt would have suppressed his ghost, then again with all the strange occurrences with the chealsea incident I'm not surprised by anything anymore," George announced cleaning his glasses on his shirt

   "So whatever harassing that old codger was either there before she acquired the property or."

   "Mrs Horsham is a bloody liar" Lucy finished. "her son was never put to rest and the grave is just for show."

   It was a little past 5 pm and George wanted to scope out the property before we started our night, he was happy to finally do things on his own terms instead of the traditional Lockwood way, which mainly consisted of showing up and hoping for the best, yes their talents were strong as were ours but you never take a chance, especially with agents you've never worked with before, everyone needed to be in synch George had said or things could go terribly wrong...I had agreed. George, excited to work on a case with his cousin took Gabby with him to Mrs. Horshams property just at the east end of London, a 30-minute cab ride Lucy and I were given the tasks of being the pack mules, and we had 30 minutes to pack extra essentials then we were to meet them at 7 pm and no later.

   Lucy took me downstairs to the equipment room, after I had a brief discussion with Gabby about how I would be fine and how I was in good hands, she and George left. I had never seen Gabby so clingy, it was as if she viewed Lucy as a threat, it definitely wasn't like that back home, I was under the impression that Gabby viewed this as more than a trip to reconnect with Family, maybe she wanted to connect with me as well, I surely had never thought about this before, Gabriella was a very close friend, then again maybe she was worried of losing me, the death of Marcus had changed us, we were supposed to be leaders we were supposed to succeed not fail. No matter how far we tried to run, no matter what country we flew to there was no outrunning the feelings of failure.