𝟱-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

╔════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════╗
"ᴳᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵃᵇʸˢˢ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ᵒʷⁿ ʳᵉᶠˡᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ᴵ'ᵐ ᵐᵉᵗ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵃᵘⁿᵗⁱⁿᵍ qᵘᵉˢᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ʷʰʸ ᵇᵒᵗʰᵉʳ?"
╚════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*════╝

*
*

[T]he bus came to a halt, signaling your stop.

Your evening had followed its routine, a simple onigiri as your only form of sustenance.

Stepping off the bus, you found your feet dragging, reluctant to return home too hastily. You knew all too well the struggles that awaited you there.

Reaching your accommodation area sooner than anticipated, you paused a couple of alleyways away, taking a moment to inspect the plastic bag in your hand.

Fried chickens, checked. Favorite beer, checked.

You had meticulously picked out his evening essentials, hoping to avoid another explosive confrontation tonight.

"Should be alright this time," you murmured, your voice flat and devoid of emotion.

Trudging onwards, a sense of unease stirred up in the pit of your stomach.

The street ahead looked totally empty, not a person or animal in sight.

And then there was this strange black sphere-like thing hanging over the area, like a thick fog.

You'd seen something similar before, but you couldn't quite place where. Or what that was.

With a detached curiosity, you extended your hand towards the enigmatic barrier, watching dispassionately as it passed through with ease.

A sense of déjà vu washed over you, but you made no effort to acknowledge it, the memory slipping through your grasp like smoke.

"It's probably nothing," you remarked as you stepped into the unknown void.

Inside, the eerie stillness enveloped you like a suffocating shroud, the air heavy with a palpable sense of dread. The surroundings appeared distant and unfamiliar, almost akin to a ghost town.

As you approached your destination, a metallic scrape of metal against metal shattered the silence, drawing your attention with an icy indifference.

And then, a voice, distant yet familiar, pierced the void with its accusatory tone.

"You're a jujutsu sorcerer, aren't you?"

At first, it seemed to hang in the air around you, sending a shiver down your spine.

Your eyes darted around the desolate surroundings, searching for any sign of the speaker, but the empty streets offered no clues.

The voice spoke again, its tone carrying an air of certainty, and your attention shifted to the alleyway ahead, leading to your dilapidated home.

"Are you Genji L/N?" the voice called out, unmistakably male.

A sense of dread gripped you. You recognized the name - Genji L/N was your abusive uncle.