06' Everything Happens for a Reason

𝚂𝙾𝙼𝙴𝚆𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝙾𝙲𝚃𝙾𝙱𝙴𝚁, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹

SCHOOLHOUSE, 𝙲𝙻𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙳, 𝙾𝙷📍𝟹:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

Everyone in school is currently in the Gymnasium, sitting on the bleachers on either side of the room.

He isn't talking about shit for real, just trying to pump us up for the pep-rally and football game later on tonight.

Being cheer captain I have to do the honors of cheering for our wonderful football team.

Gio plays for the team, but I along with some of his other friends have noticed that smoking has slowed him down a bit. I've been too scared to bring it up in case of risking a fight, I told Rome and he tells me that he mentioned it before but Gio thinks otherwise. You can only help someone so much.

Now I don't know about the football coach but Coach Hughes is strict on smoking, obviously she won't go through our backpacks or drug test us but if she even smells a hint of weed on any of her girls it's hell. She wants us to be the best we can and doesn't want us "messing up our bodies" with weed. She understands we are teens though so she says if we smoke, we smoke, just don't get caught by her. Smelling, looking, or acting high get you in a lot of trouble.

Obviously, this rule is something I've never had to worry about so I don't ever sweat it. I do worry for Melody's sake though, she's come to practice high before and smoked in her uniform. I've even worried for myself when I'm around her, she'll pull a blunt out on the way to a game. She even risked it on the bus before. But, I digress.

The dean is still yapping. He had us do a "competition" between grades to see who'd be the loudest, it was the freshman, they got super immature and started actually high pitch screaming. Then didn't stop when he told them to, it blew mine and others whole mood.

"Okay now we're going to play the classic game of Musical Chairs, so I want umm.." He trails off, looking amongst both crowds.

"Give me three freshman, two sophomores, two juniors, and three seniors." He decides and I wanted to go but these two thirsty ass niggas down in the front beat me to it.

I kissed my teeth and sit back down.

"Chillout, we'll play next." Melody nudges my shoulder with a teasing laugh and I roll my eyes, shrugging her off of me. She begins to laugh harder.

"Sawty as fuck about that game." She says between laughs, pointing at my face. I side-eye her and bite at her finger making her snatch away.

"Gone!" She pushes me, a look of suspicion on her face.

"Keep it out my face then before you lose it." I threaten and it's her turn to roll her eyes as she crosses her arms, scooting the tiniest bit away from me.

"Y'all so fucking childish." Gio says through a laugh, I didn't even notice he was behind us, he not even supposed to be there. I'm surprised they didn't say anything to him, it's not a big deal anyways, some of the colors are mixed a bit with each other, especially since some students didn't even participate.