Chapter 6: Yunho turns 13

A few days had passed since Yeosang's incident; the boy was back to his normal self happily chasing Mingi around with a few balloons he'd helped blow up for Yunho's birthday party, the eldest Kim son was thirteen years old offically. That meant Seonghwa's birthday would be coming up soon as well, though Hongjoong already had that all set in stone and planned out. Yunho had requested a Spider-Man themed birthday party; so Spider-Man it was, Seonghwa was in the kitchen finishing the cake while Hongjoong was busy keeping the birthday boy distracted with his little brothers.

While Mingi and Yeosang played, Jongho and San were helping Wooyoung make a super secret birthday card for their hyung. The birthday boy himself was sat at a distance away; watching over his brothers between reading a new comic he'd gotten from his grandparents, "careful Mingi!" He called out watching Mingi stumble ultimately making Yeosang bump into him. "Sorry hyungie! Sorry Sangie!" Mingi hugged his older brother who only nodded quietly, having chosen to have one of his silent days today. Jongho got up from his spot on the floor waddling over to Hongjoong, "appa can we use the glitter?" , "remember the rules?" Jongho nodded. "Glitter has to be used outside so Mama doesn't get upset with it in the carpet." Hongjoong grabbed the little box of glitters handing it to Jongho. "Don't get it all over yourselves you've already had baths!" The boy was off faster than he could listen making the now blonde man shake his head.

"A-appa want mommy." Yeosang had appeared in front of him next, his big eyes staring up at him with unshed tears. His aniexty must be starting to bug him again, sometimes even without a trigger the boy was anxious and would beg for his mother. "Let's take your medicine then we'll go to mommy." Giving a nearly ten year old anxiety medication wasn't the easiest but they'd discovered slipping the small pill into a gummy worked to distract his little brain. Seonghwa was putting the finishing touches on the cake when he noticed his husband and son, "hey pumpkin, how's mommy's favorite boy." He smiled taking the small boy while Hongjoong grabbed the medicine. Yeosang only shrugged laying his head on his shoulder; his eyes easily falling closed, "someone needs a nap before Yunho's party. I'll give him the meds and put him down for a nap." Hongjoong agreed grabbing the cake to put it in the fridge once Seonghwa had yeosang settled, "I'll finish up in here, and see if the other boys want a nap before the house gets too loud." Seonghwa kissed his husband before disappearing upstairs with Yeosang already drifting off in his arms, Hongjoong entered the livingroom once more finding Mingi already dozing off on Yunho's lap.

"Shall I take him up with Yeosang?" Hongjoong chuckled taking Mingi from the birthday boys lap, "yes please, I think I need a nap too actually." Hongjoong nodded deciding to call a family nap time, San and Jongho had agreed immediately while wooyoung had pouted saying he wasn't tired. Though that quickly changed when San offered Shiber to him. Once the kids were settled for nap time Hongjoong got busy with setting up the rest of the decorations.

*time skip*

The party had turned out better than they'd all planned ; Yunho was having a blast with his cousins, brothers, and friends, minus Yeosang who was glued to Seonghwa's hip finding the whole thing to be too loud. It soon came time to cut the cake and blow out candles; Yunho sitting in the center with his brothers surrounding him as they all sang happy birthday, Seonghwa had passed Yeosang to Hongjoong so he could light the candles on Yunho's cake, the now thirteen year old smiling widely as he closed his eyes to make a wish before blowing out the candles.

Opening presents came after cake, then it came time for the clean up. Luckily all the kids were exhausted and had gone straight to bed after the party, giving Seonghwa and Hongjoong some much needed alone time.

"The party went well, I'm surprised Sangie didn't cry the entire time. He seemed like he calmed down towards the end." Hongjoong spoke softly as they cleaned up, "yeah, he's getting better with loud noises. But I still don't want to force him." Seonghwa sighed plopping down on the couch after they finished. Hongjoong joined him kissing his cheek; "at least Yunho had fun.", Seonghwa nodded. At least Yunho had enjoyed his party. Next they'd be planning his own, and he knew his kids and husband would have something amazing planned for him.

AN//: sorry this one is so short 😭 I kinda forgot about it and finished it just now