ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 49: TᕼE ᔕEᗩ ᗯITᕼ ITᔕ ᗪEEᑭᑎEᔕᔕ

Elena pulled over by the tranquil waters of Green Bay Lake, a well-known destination in the bustling capital city

Elena pulled over by the tranquil waters of Green Bay Lake, a well-known destination in the bustling capital city. Earlier, Kelan had recommended this spot after a quick drive-thru meal. He had suggested the fast food option because he was not exactly dressed for a fancy outing like Elena, who was elegantly attired for the occasion.

"Come on, there are benches outside! It's even more beautiful to enjoy the scenery," he urged, coaxing her out of the car. She followed him, and they soon found a perfect spot to sit and savor their meal while taking in the nighttime view of the lake.

"So, who is Raymond, exactly?" Elena asked out of the blue, causing Kelan to look up at her in surprise. She casually popped a fry into her mouth, chewing as she waited for his answer. Kelan flashed her a smile as he set down his soft drink.

"He's like a father to me...I always tell people he's my best friend, but in reality, he's more than that," Kelan replied with a heartfelt tone.

"He has taken care of me since I was a child! I wasn't even that close to my father. But with Raymond, it was different. He was always there when I needed advice or guidance, just like a father," Kelan shared, a soft smile playing on his lips as he reminisced about all the times Raymond had been there for him.

"That's really sweet! What about your father? Was he strict and uninterested in being a father figure to you, which led you to seek Raymond's guidance more than his?" Elena questioned, her curiosity piqued. Kelan chuckled softly, his gaze dropping to his food.

"He was actually the busiest man on earth! He never had time for me or my siblings. He just loved what he did with all his heart, like a true gentleman," Kelan explained with a wistful smile. Elena's eyebrows raised in surprise at his description of his father.

"Well, despite not giving you attention and time, you speak of him as a good man," Elena observed, causing Kelan to look up and meet her gaze.

"I never said he wasn't a good person! He may not have been the best father, but he was a good man. Let's just say he had other obligations that prevented him from being the attentive father we all wish for. Now that I'm older, I understand everything. I'm grateful for all he did for me and for everyone," Kelan expressed with pride, looking up towards the sky. Elena was genuinely impressed by his mature and understanding words, appreciating his lack of blame towards his father for any shortcomings in the past.

"Where is he?" Elena asked, her eyes filled with warmth and curiosity. Kelan let out a melancholic sigh as he delved into memories of the past.

"He has passed on to the afterlife, resting in peace with the Almighty," Kelan responded, his eyes closing briefly as he uttered the words. Elena watched him with admiration, struck by his forgiving and gentle nature.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Elena murmured softly, reaching out to hold Kelan's hand and giving it a gentle squeeze to offer comfort. Kelan opened his eyes and smiled gratefully at her empathetic gesture.