Prologue

Lucifer's pov.

Walking out of the gates of hell, I swipe the sweat off my brow.

I swear the temperature goes up everyday. My medallion vibrates as I caress it with my mind and I close my eyes. The feeling of being sucked into a hole surrounds my body and, I gasp blinking away blurred images.

"My lord?"

One of the reapers that I'm in charge of calls out to me. I turn my attention to him quickly. "What do you want Kyle? I've been in purgatory all damn day, this better be good."

He shivers in fright and stutters, making me roll my eyes.

"I h-have your b-bath ready my lord." Nodding my head in approval I brush past him. "You are dismissed for today."

He disappears into thin air and I begin my walk through of the castle. I pass the kitchen servants and they nod their heads in acknowledgement.

I watch as their eyes flash red in respect. "Oh cousin did you miss me?" I glare at my cousin who appears in my train of sight and flick him off.

He smirks and follows me into my room, watching me as I strip off my clothes to get into the tub. And before you ask, no I don't mind him being here, besides I'm very confident in my body.

"Where have you been Luci?" He asks as if I'm a teenager that has just snuck back into the house. My glare makes him shrink into himself.

"Don't call me that, and I've been in purgatory sorting out the damned. After, I peeked in on my soul mate."

Gasping loudly he sinks to the floor beside me.

"Woah, you have a soul mate? Since when, I thought you were damned by Michael before you were cast from heaven?" I nod my head.

"Correct, but somehow I have one."

He squeals like a little piglet and jumps off the floor. "What's she like? Is she pretty cute? Oh my god is she shorter then you?"

A frown marrows my futures and I send a ball of fire at him.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for Luci?"  I lean back in the tub with a satisfied groan.

"You were asking to many questions. First of all, she's a he actually, and the answer to all the rest of your questions is none of your business."

He squeals again making me groan. "Oliver please–I've been helping sort souls in hell all day, I'm tired and I've got a headache."

Oliver pouts and looks at me with sad eyes. "I guess I'll just leave since you won't tell me about him." I sigh loudly with a roll my eyes.

"Let me rest, and I'll tell you about him later." His eyes light up in excitement and he skips out of the bathroom.

Finally peace and quiet.

{Edited 6:27:16}