12

Nobody's POV
April 27
1:30 PM

A few days ago, Kenny asked Toni to move in with him, and of course, she said yes. She's never at her house anyway and Peyton always wants her around. It wasn't hard for her to move in because she already had most of her things at his house anyway. As of right now, she, Jackie, and Janet are at the mall spending time with each other. The three of them have been friends since elementary school and have been inseparable.

"A little birdie told me that you moved in with your man..."

"Mm, I didn't know birds can speak." Toni sarcastically spoke and Janet rolled her eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"But yes I did."

"Aww that's cute, I'm happy for you guys." Jackie said and Toni thanked her.

"How's Peyton?"

"She's good. The other day Nicole sent a birthday card along with a box full of stuffed animals."

"The nerve." Jackie and Janet simultaneously said.

"Right, Kenny read the letter to her and she told him to throw it away along with the toys."

"Aww, I can't imagine what she's going through." They walked into a jewelry store and Toni followed them.

"What are we doing in here?"

"I was going to order us matching best friend rings but I don't know your guy's ring size, so you guys have to get sized." They nodded and Toni went first. The employee measured Toni's ring size and told it to Janet,

"She's a size five and a half." Janet typed it into her phone along with Jackie's ring size. Once they were done with the jewelers, they continued shopping.

***

Peyton sat on the floor with Simba and taught him some tricks. Toni sat there and watched Peyton while Lady slept next to her. Kenny was gone because he had to run to the studio for a couple of hours with Beyoncé.

"Simba sit." He barked at her and then sat on the floor. Simba's tail wagged and thumped against the floor.

"Auntie show daddy."

"Okay, baby." Toni nodded and pulled out her phone to record. Peyton stood up and so did Simba.

"Umm Simba, paw." She said and held her hand out. He held his paw out and laid it on Peyton's hand. She gushed and jumped up in excitement. Toni smiled as she watched their interaction.

"Mommy did you see?! He so good." Toni's heart raced as she heard what Peyton called her. She nodded and swallowed hard.

"Oh um, yes I did see baby. He's a fast learner."

"Uh-huh, Simba dance." Peyton commanded and the two of them danced in circles. Toni laughed and ended the video.

"Lady is lazy Mommy." Peyton spoke as she looked at Lady who was fast asleep.

"Yes she is lazy, I have to teach her tricks too right?"

"I do it, but for moneys."

"How much money?"

"One dollar and two dollars."

"Alright, I'll give you two dollars." She opened her phone and contemplated on sending the video to Kenny but decided not to. She wanted his reaction right now so Toni decided to wait until he got home. Instead, she sent the video to her mother.

            1 video attachment
            Mommy look! 🥹

Mommy 💛- Awww baby. I'm so happy for you and I was right with what I was saying the other day. Her calling you mommy shows that she's very comfortable around you and you treat her like your daughter. I love it and I could tell that you love it too. You were so shocked 😭

         I do love it too. I'm her mommy 🥹. I think I'm going to cry.

Mommy 💛- Happy tears and that's okay baby. I know how you feel being that I went through it five times.

       😭😭. It's the best thing in the world, I never thought that it could sound that good. I'm her mommy.

***

"Baby look at this video of Peyton and Simba." Toni handed her phone to Kenny and he watched the video. Peyton was fast asleep in her bed and Kenny had just come home about thirty minutes ago.

"Umm Simba, paw." She said and held her hand out. He held his paw out and laid it on Peyton's hand. She gushed and jumped up in excitement.

"Mommy did you see?! He so good."

"Oh um, yes I did see baby. He's a fast learner."

"Uh-huh, Simba dance." Peyton commanded and the two of them danced in circles. Toni laughed and then the video ended.

"She said that baby?!" Kenny gushed. He was so happy for his lover.

"Yes, she did! I couldn't speak when she said that, I was in shock. I still am." Kenny smiled.

"I told you, baby. It was only a matter of time before she would call you mommy, I'm happy for you."

***

Excuse any typos ❤️