Chapter 6 - Unexpected Decision

Jhanvi was more into writing than the real world. No matter what her surrounding people thought. Sometimes she would get shouting from her family members, for not completing things on time. Her only language of expression became writing. To make Sagar happy she started dedicating write-ups on their friendship. Slowly the friendship grew closer. So much so that they decided to be in touch even after marriage. Everyone teased them as a couple, but had a clear intention of their bond. Both of them never had such a deep bond in life. Both were happy with everything they had.

Here, Jhanvi was in touch with one of the boys, Nirav. Nirav was her far relative, where her parents had decided to marry Jhanvi to him. These talks have been going on since she was 10th. Jhanvi's parents and other family members would tease her indirectly, considering Nirav as her husband. She hated, thinking about the age difference of 10 years. But after a few years she started accepting these feelings. She would chit chat with him. She didn't know how to behave towards him. One day she opened her bond with Nirav about Sagar, describing he is the closest person to her life. So that the confusion would never arrive between them. The reply was never expected from Nirav where he said, "Is he your brother or a lover?"

Jhanvi couldn't believe what she had just read. She got frozen and confused for a moment. She couldn't recognise what she was feeling angry or jealousy. She shouted at Nirav. On the later part of the day, she narrated this incident to Sagar. Sagar was only worried about her. He was worried whether she would get a good partner or not.

She wanted to prove to Nirav that Sagar was just a close friend and nothing else. She tried several ways to prove it, but Nirav ignored it. She tried speaking to Nirav, but he would chat according to his needs occasionally. She would get angry, but to whom she can complain? All she did was she kept quiet.

After a year, everything was devastated with news that due to past family incidents, Nirav 's head of the family disagreed with Nirav's and Jhanvi's marriage proposal. Jhanvi and her parents were angry about their decisions but couldn't say anything about it to anyone. Every time Jhanvi just displayed that it did not hurt her but deep down everything was hurting her.