1

°
'You alright to go then?' You peer at him. He scrambles around to grab an extra battery and nods.

'Yup. Let's go y/n!'
Holding hands, you activate your vortex manipulators. It's been ages since you've seen Jack, let alone travelled with him and you feel so good. Like you're at home.

It all goes smoothly until there's a delay. One second too long , but you know something's gone wrong.
When you land, you don't find yourself in 2024 Sheffield, you find yourself onboard a ship.

°
The Doctor has been sat at Mary's Brews for the last half an hour, quite enjoying the funky music she plays. It's disco music, but songs she hasn't heard of, much too old for the 3000s.
She's drinking a strawberry milkshake and her feet tap along to the beats that are much slower than what she's used to. There hasn't been much going on but despite the feeling of uselessness, it was nice she guessed. Calm.

She's slumped forward when the door opens. The ringing bell has her perked up like a puppy but she frowns at the dishevelled appearance of the woman walking in. Her ponytail isn't messy but definitely worn, and her white top has a bloodstain around her side. It isn't obvious as it blends with her red leather jacket but the Doctor notices it.

She walks in rubbing her eyes and she slides into one of the high chairs with what looks like a groan and lays her head on her arms.

She stands up twenty minutes after she enters and orders a coffee, laying her head back on her arms once she brings it to her seat. An hour passes like that, with her sitting up once in a while to drink some coffee until she grimaces at its cold taste and throws it in the bin. She leaves and it's only natural that the Doctor follows her.

The woman sits down at what looks like a bus stop with a curved bench. It's cooler than any other bench the Doctor has seen and she was more than happy to sit and accompany the stranger in her silent suffering. A few minutes pass, with the woman not even registering the Doctor's presence, until she slumps, unconscious, with her head hitting the Doctor's shoulder.

The Doctor takes her arm gently and leads her to the TARDIS where she remains unconscious in the med bay for a while. The wound that she spotted earlier is luckily not deep enough for stitches. She disinfects it and lays another, slightly longer top next to the bed for when she wakes up. Luckily the woman's heartbeat is steady and the nutrients she's lost from what looks like dehydration and sweat are being replaced successfully through an IV. What seems to have been causing the stranger the most discomfort is a disruption in her brain activity, almost as if she's recovering from something destructive. Out of both curiosity and concern, she sits there hoping to get an answer for the change when she wakes up.

°
You wake to a ringing sound in your ears and a pain behind your eyes. When you squirm slightly, your side hurts but your arm is slow at moving to see what it is.
The first thing you see when you open your eyes is a hospital bed on the other side of the room, with a heart and brain monitor, a simple layout. You must be in a medbay.
The second thing you see is a hand, then an arm, then a face. An unfamiliar woman is sitting next to you, with short blond hair and a frown. When she notices you're awake, the frown turns into a smile.

"You're awake!"
A strange vibration around you and the blue of the ceiling tells your gut where you are and who you're with.
"Doctor?"

The Doctor takes on an expression of surprise. "You know who I am?"

You let out a weak huff of laughter. You were with Jack less than three hours ago yet you are the one who finds the person he has been looking for for years. You bring a hand up to cover the bright light of the room.