Chapter 8 (Mia P.O.V)

*** Above is a picture of Nick.

_____________________________________

"So he got mad and called you a slut?" Casey asks as she sips on her coffee.

We are currently sitting inside a Starbucks while I pour my heart out to her about what happened between me and Xander a few nights ago.

I slightly nodded my head to confirm what she asked before adding "He's such a hypocrite."

"Girl, that's why you were sulking in your room these last couple of days? Fuck him! Let's do something relaxing to get your mind off him" Casey suggests.

"Let's get our nails done" I said excitedly.

Casey eagerly nodded her head agreeing with my idea.

*** 30 minutes Later......

We were currently at the nail salon and I was already feeling better about my horrible night with Xander. That was until I turned my attention toward the window at the front of the nail salon and saw him coming out of the barbershop across the street. I tried to look away but, He had already caught me staring at him and winked. I was livid.

'Is he following me' I thought to myself.

He was still staring at me so, I rolled my eyes at him and turned back around to face the nail tech.

Or at least that's what I tried to do until I heard the bell signaling that the front door of the nail salon had been opened.

I quickly glance up out of curiosity to see none other than Mr. Alexander Hiton Standing there and looking so arrogantly smug that I want to slap the smirk he's casually throwing my way off his face.

He's standing with his friend Nick who Casey and I met at the pool party.

I look back down at the nail tech hoping that they came in here to bother someone else.

Luck wasn't on my side as I heard them quickly moving towards us.

Nick is the first one to speak "Whats up Mia. We saw you guys in here and dickhead over here practically dragged me across the street towards you" Nick said not seeing the glare Alexander was giving him.

"Hey Cutie" Nick said turning towards Casey. He had this mischievous smirk on his face like he was in on a secret only he knew.

"What's Up" Casey said barely glancing at him and avoiding eye contact. Yeah, I'll have to ask her about what that was later. Right now I have a more important task at hand.

"What do you want Alexander" I ask looking at him with the deadliest glare I could muster.

"What happened to 'Xander' Mia?" He asks

"What's the problem, isn't your name Alexander?" I shoot back.

He gives me a look before saying "Look I was wrong the other day and I wanted to make it up to you."

"How many times are you going to have to make things up to me Alexander" I asked. This was his second time doing something that I didn't like. Although this time I did kind of provoke him on purpose.

"As many times as you allow me to. I'm not perfect and I apologize. Look the fair is going to be in town in a few nights. Come with me? You, me, Nick, and Casey could all go together" He said quickly changing the subject and looking at me expectantly.

"I don't know I'll think about it" I say

"Don't think too much, just come. I promise you'll have fun" He pleads before turning and walking away with Nick.

After they leave, I quickly turn toward Casey before asking "Girl what was that about?"

"What do you mean" She asks playing oblivious.

"What's going on between you and Nick?" I ask

"Nothing's going on" She responds but, I can see the lie in her eyes. I stare at her for a couple of minutes before she finally breaks down.

"Ok.Ok. We had a one-night stand" She confesses casually.

"You what? Why didn't I know about this? How was it?" I ask

"First, I didn't say anything because it was nothing. It was just casual sex between two consenting adults and, I'm not trying to get into anything serious with him. I've heard about his reputation" She responded with a disgusted look on her face.

"Alright well, you still haven't answered the most important question. How was it?"

She looks at me before breaking into a smile and saying "It was the best night of my life"

"Damn girl it was that good" I ask while laughing

"Yeah. I see why girls are going crazy over him but I can't afford to let him destroy my peace, so I only allowed myself to have that one night" She says sounding serious.

A few minutes later after our nails are done we head to the counter to pay and leave.

"Oh, you're both all set your boyfriends paid. They were such nice gentlemen" the clerk said smiling brightly at us.

I don't know what Alexander's game is but, I'm not giving in to him that easily.

*** Hi guys this is a shorter chapter than normal but I just wanted to give you an update. This is more of a filler chapter. I have so many great ideas for this book but I have been struggling with writer's block. Anyways more chapters to come. Thanks for the 1.2k views and 55 votes. I'm so excited and I can't believe we hit over 1k views. Until next time

*** Don't forget to Follow, Like, Share, and Comment.