Chapter 89

I was still on Rick's back and I felt my strength return. I lifted my head and looked at the side of his head.

"Rick, you can put me down now. I can walk." I said.

"Are you sure?" Rick asked.

"Yeah. And plus, your arms are probably tired." I said.

He put me down gently and we stayed still for a little bit before we started walking.

"Are you okay Sydney?" Natalie asked, grabbing my hand and held onto it.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said, smiling at her.

"Good. I don't want to lose you." She said.

"You won't lose me sweetheart." I assured her.

We continued our journey to Alexandria even though it's a long way from where we are now. Wherever we are. Helena was holding onto Nathans' arm, happy that he's okay. I'm happy Rick is okay, I wouldn't know what to do if I lost him after I just got him back.

It started to get dark and we needed to stop to get some sleep. We just have to find a safe place where we can rest. We found a cabin and we got prepared to search it and make it safe for us to stay in for the night.

"Sydney, you stay out here with Natalie." Rick said.

"Okay. Be careful in there Rick." I said, looking at him.

"I will." He said. "I love you." He said, before kissing me.

"I love you too." I said, after breaking the kiss.

He went inside with Helena and Nathan, leaving me and Natalie out here by ourselves.

"Are you okay Natalie?" I asked.

"I'm scared." She replied.

"I am too but we'll be okay" I said.

We heard groaning and looked around, trying to find where the sound is coming from. I saw a walker coming from around the cabin. I went to kill it until I heard Natalie scream. I turned and saw a walker about to bite her. I ran over and went between her and the walker. I felt the walkers teeth dig into my arm when I put my arm in front of me.

"AHHHHHHHH!" I screamed in pain.

I brought my other arm up and stabbed it in the head, killing it. The walker that came from around the cabin got closer and I stabbed it in the head, killing it as well.

"Sydney!" Natalie shouted, grabbing onto me when I went down on the ground. "No." She said, crying.

"I'll be okay Natalie." I said.

"You got bit though." She said.

"Sydney! What happened?!" Rick exclaimed.

"She got bit." Natalie told him.

"Oh god." Rick said, crouching next to me. "Put out your arm Sydney." He said, through tears.

"What are you going to do to her?" Natalie asked.

"I have to cut her arm off to stop the spread." He said, pulling his hatchet out.

Nathan held my arm down while Helena held onto Natalie and blocking her from seeing what's about to happen.

"I'm sorry Sydney." Rick apologized, before cutting into my arm.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed.

My arm was soon on the ground after being cut off and everything was getting blurry.

"Thank you Rick." I said, faintly smiling.

I felt my eyes begin to shut and soon I was welcomed by blackness.

Ricks POV:

When I saw her eyes shut, all my emotions came to the surface. I can't let myself cry, at least not yet. I picked her up and carried her inside the cabin. I laid her down on the couch while Nathan and Helena looked for anything I can use for Sydneys' arm. I started a fire in the fire place and grabbed one of the tools next to it. I heated the tool up until it started turning a bright red color. When I turned around, Helena and Nathan came back with a first aid kit they found.

"This is all we found." Helena said, scared.

I didn't say anything just knelt next to Sydney and prepared myself to cauterize her arm. I put the tool flatly against her arm. I pulled the metal tool away then started wrapping her arm with a bandage.

"Is she going to be okay?" Natalie asked, frightened.

"She is." I said, hoping she will be.

I felt tears building up in my eyes from seeing Sydney like this. I have to stay strong for her but it's getting hard to but I know she's fighting through it the best she can. She's the strongest woman I have ever met.

"Come on Sydney. Please wake up." I begged, holding her hand tightly.