chapter 3

The morning light filtered through the window, casting a soft glow on Vegas's office as he meticulously arranged the roses in a crystal vase.

Just then, the door creaked open, and Vegas's brother, Macau, sauntered in, his casual demeanor a sharp contrast to Vegas's tense posture. Macau's easy smile and relaxed demeanor seemed to brighten the room even more.

" I'm sure with the way you behave, no one will ever willingly give you flowers," Macau teased, leaning against the doorframe and observing Vegas's carefully arranging flowers.

Vegas glanced up, his expression a mixture of annoyance and amusement at his brother's comment. "Why are you here? Don't you have university?" he retorted, though there was a hint of warmth in his tone.

"I'm on break," Macau replied, strolling further into the room. "So, where did the roses come from? Last time I checked, you hated any flowers near you," he added, genuine curiosity lacing his words.

"Yesterday and I liked them, so I kept them with me," Vegas replied casually.

Macau looked at him in disbelief. "Are you being serious? Who does this?" he said, struggling to hold back his laughter.

Vegas rolled his eyes at his brother's teasing. "What's so funny? I can't have interests?" he retorted defensively.

Macau chuckled, unable to contain his amusement. "Well, when it's coming from someone who always hated flowers, then it's funny," he remarked, a playful grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

Vegas huffed in response, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Fine, laugh all you want. But I'll keep these flowers if I want to," he declared, his tone firm despite the hint of exasperation.

"Ok, ok, whatever you say, bro," Macau relented with a bemused grin, knowing that annoying Vegas was never a good option. He leaned against the doorframe, the afternoon light casting a warm glow on his features, his hands casually tucked into the pockets of his jeans.

When Vegas suddenly asked if he had a girlfriend, Macau's eyes went wide with surprise, his eyebrows shooting up in disbelief. "What kind of question is this?" he asked, his voice filled with incredulity.

"Just answer it," Vegas insisted, leaning back in his chair with a nonchalant air, his expression unreadable.

"No, I mean, I don't know myself. But why are you asking?" Macau responded, a puzzled frown forming on his face as he tried to make sense of his brother's unusual line of questioning.

"Uhm, nothing. I just wanted to introduce you to a flower shop. You can give flowers to her if you want to," Vegas explained casually, a mischievous glint dancing in his eyes as he watched his brother's reaction.

Macau's jaw dropped in astonishment, his eyes widening in disbelief. "Are you really Vegas? It's not some clone of him. Tell me where's my brother," he exclaimed, his voice tinged with concern as he scanned Vegas's face for any signs of deception.

Vegas rolled his eyes with an exasperated sigh, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips. "Stop being so dramatic. I was just trying to help you," he replied

"Or is it about your sudden interest in flowers?" Macau's question caught Vegas off-guard, but he quickly regained his composure, his expression becoming guarded.

"I was helping you. If you don't want it, just leave. I have work to do," Vegas replied curtly, his attention now focused on the file in front of him.

"Uhm, you know what? You can buy as many flowers as you want. I promise no one will think it's weird," Macau offered with a shrug, trying to lighten the mood.