Far from the beginning (ch5)

ANGELS AMONG US: BOUND BY FATE
CHAPTER 5
"Far from the beginning"
[The next day]

The sun was just beginning to crest the horizon, and the stable yard was still shrouded in morning mist when Oliver spotted a flash of movement in the sky. At first, he thought it was just a bird, but as it drew closer, he realized it was a hawk, carrying a message tied to its leg.

"Hmm, a messenger hawk..i wonder who's messenger hawk is that?"he wondered.

He stood still as the hawk swooped down, landing on the fencepost nearest to him. It cocked its head, studying him for a moment, before stretching out its leg to offer the message. Oliver untied the note, his heart pounding with anticipation, and began to read.

The note was brief and to the point. It read: "Meet me at the base of Mount Sierra ,River's Rest village, Edwin Wright." Oliver's stomach dropped at the mention of Mount Sierra, the tallest peak in the region. It was a dangerous climb, known for its treacherous paths and unpredictable weather.

"Mr Edwin!...Mount Sierras , so I have no choice but to make my way in that dangerous place , I'll see you then, Mr Edwin"

he knew he couldn't refuse Edwin's challenge. He was determined to prove himself, to show that he had what it took to be a great hunter.

After receiving the message from the messenger hawk the following day he prepared to set off, Oliver used one of the horses at the Stables to go to Mount Sierra the mount with dangerous climb and known for its treacherous paths and unpredictable weathers.

Oliver set of to meet Edwin Wright the farmer, after hours of riding the horse and traveling he arrived by mount sierra as he surveyed the large view of mount sierra.

After he arrived at the mountain base as he saw a small village, At the entrance to River's Rest stood a simple wooden sign. Carved into the sign, in simple but elegant letters, were the words "River's Rest" and below that, "A peaceful village of good folk." The sign was worn and weathered, but it stood strong and sturdy, a symbol of the village's resilience.

"So this is the village Edwin told me we should meet at, this is a small village I should just look for him around here"he thought.

Oliver entered the village of River's Rest, his eyes wide with wonder. He saw farmers with wagons and horses, and people buying wares from shops. It was bustling with activity, and the air was filled with the smell of fresh vegetables and the sound of laughter. the small village nestled at the foot of the mountain.
He saw a lone farmer, working hard to stock his wagon with vegetables.

"Hello, there!" called Oliver.

The farmer turned and looked him over, his face inscrutable. "Are you looking for something, lad?" he asked.

"I'm here to meet with you," replied Oliver. "My name is Oliver. A messenger bird told me to meet with you."

"Ohh Oliver, it's you young lad it's great to see you again"  said Edwin, a hint of amusement in his voice

"You made it, lad," said Edwin, his voice gruff but friendly.

"Let me take you at my place so we can have a chat" he added.

A few minutes of walking they arrived at Edwin's place"Welcome to my humble abode. Come in, come in. I've got a good pot of stew simmering on the stove. We can talk while we eat."

Oliver followed Edwin into the house, and it was indeed humble, but cozy. The smell of stew filled the air, making his stomach growl. Edwin led him to the table and poured them both a steaming bowl of stew.

"I'm glad you could make it, Oliver," said Edwin, his  eyes twinkling. "I know it was a long journey, but I'm glad you're here."

"It was no trouble at all," said Oliver, warming himself by the fire. "In fact, it was quite beautiful here."