*-*Chapter 5*-*

The first few steps into the Academy were a little nerve wracking.

   And then you realized it was literally just like walking anywhere else, like a new restaurant, so why would you be nervous?

   You searched the crowd of nervous kids for two heads, one platinum blonde and the other light pink. You spotted Sakura looking around, and the two of you met eyes. She smiled and you pushed your way through the crowd, walking over to meet her.

   "Sakura!" You said, weaving around different kids your age. You were so focused on reaching Sakura that you didn't even realize there was another kid walking through the crowd as well. You opened your mouth to call out her name again, but before you could, you bumped into someone.

   "Ow!"

   You banged into them, your knee making contact with their hip, and their shoulder banging into your chest. You both stumbled back, and you rubbed your knee painfully. You looked up to see who you had run into with the intent of apologizing.

   It was another boy. He had spiky black hair tied up into a ponytail, and a face that clearly told you he didn't feel like being here. He rubbed his shoulder.

   "Ugh, ouch. We haven't even started class yet and I already got hurt." He sighed. "What a drag."

   "Shikamaru!"

   "(Y/n)!"

   Two different people called out at the same time. One, the one calling your name, was Sakura. The one calling the other boy's name- Shikamaru, you had to guess- was a chubby boy with pink swirls on his cheeks. He had a worried look on his face, and his brown hair was spiky too, although not as long as the other boy's.

   Sakura reached you, looking flustered. "(Y/n), are you okay? One minute you were walkign- and then the next someone bumped into you- and then I couldn't see you-"

   You dusted yourself off, rubbing the back of your head sheepishly. "Haha, I'm fine. I just wasn't looking where I was going. Speaking of which-" You turned to the black haired boy, bowing. "I'm sorry for running into you. That was my fault."

   The boy shoved his hands in his pockets, looking away. "Meh, don't worry about it."

   You nodded, standing back up, opening your mouth to introduce yourself. For the second time, the intended words never came out of your mouth. Reason being? He had simply walked away, the other kid following him, asking worried questions the whole way.

   You turned back to Sakura, disregarding the whole conversation. Thankfully, nobody around you had really seemed to notice or worry about your interaction with the bored looking boy.

   "Is Ino here yet?" You asked Sakura, searching the crowd again. She nodded, pointing.

   "She's right over there." You looked where she was pointing, spotting the blonde talking to another girl. You couldn't make out what they were saying, but Ino seemed a little distant. You looked at Sakura, grinning.

   "Let's go surprise her."

   She nodded, and the two of you weaved through other people, coming up behind Ino, eventually making out scattered words. They were talking about hair colors and ear piercings. You held up your fingers, counting down.

   3...2...1...Now!

   You and Sakura jumped on Ino, both of you wrapping her in a hug from behind at the same time. Ino looked at the both of you hanging off of her arms, Sakura on her right and you on her left. She slowly grinned, surprise evident on her face.