*-*Chapter 9*-*

If you hate this chapter, it's okay, I do too

                                                                                                     *

   The first year at the academy passed by in a flash.

Sometimes it was crazy how fast time moved, you thought. It was like you blinked and everything just skipped through. There were a couple changes made throughout the year, such as:

-Most girls were now obsessed with Sasuke Uchiha.

-Most guys were now jealous of Sasuke Uchiha.

-Almost everyone hated Naruto for no other reason, which honestly reminded you of what life had been like for you, until Ino and you had become friends.

And then, there was an incident which you called the fallout.

You really should've seen it coming. With so many girls coming out about their crushes on Sasuke, it was only natural that your friends would follow suit. Ino was first- she confided in you about her crush, and you listened to her, encouraging her to try for him. She agreed with a newfound confidence, and you swore to secrecy. What you didn't expect was for Sakura to do the same. Sakura was more public and open about her crush on Sasuke, this time just blurting out that she had a crush on someone in front of you and your classmates.

"Hey! Guys!" She shouted excitedly, coming up to the six of you. With you were Amane, Rena, and Ino, and then two other boys who were playing soccer against the four of you girls. You paused the game, turning to Sakura.

"Oh, Sakura. What is it?" You asked the pink haired girl. She smiled brightly, letting out a little giggle.

"You'll never guess who I have a crush on!" She said, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

"Aww, man, I bet it's Sasuke!" One of the boys exclaimed. The other one sighed loudly. Sakura stopped bouncing, looking at them in surprise.

"Huh? How did you know?" She asked.

"That's not even fair, all the girls have a crush on him," the second boy grumbled. You looked over at Ino, a little worried, trying to gauge her expression. She looked a little downcast, not looking at Sakura. You used Rena's teasing comments towards Sakura as a distraction, edging closer to Ino until you were right next to her.

"Ino?" You asked her. She snapped her head up, meeting your gaze. "Are you okay?" You asked, genuinely concerned. She shot you a tight smile.

"I'm fine, why?"

You shook your head. Ino was never a great pretender, ever. You could tell when she was lying by the way she averted your eyes, fiddling with her fingers behind her back.

"You're lying." You said matter of factly, crossing your arms at the blonde girl. She turned her head to look at you, blinking.

"No I'm n-"

"Ino, your hands." You gestured to her fingers that were now pulling on the ends of her hair. She pulled her hands away quickly, blushing slightly.

"I'm fine, (Y/n), really."

You sighed. "Ino, just tell me what's wrong."

She looked over at Sakura, who was arguing with Rena about her remarks. Finally, she sighed and then pulled you closer, tugging on your arm.