1. Raining hell

Year ????

"Come on be fast I wanna show you something" said the boy with dirty blonde hair.

He seemed about 10 years old. The boy never really smiled but when he was with the girl besides him, he was the happiest. Following him was a girl of same age who also had blonde hair.
The girl had a pale stature due to the lack of food and nutrition but adored a small but geniune smile when she was with him.

"I know you are gonna love it, just a little more climbing" said the boy enthusiastically. The girl didn't say anything but followed the one who stole her heart. They reached atop of the hill. They were out of breath, not due to the climbing but due to the scenery in front of them.

The beautiful and radiant sun was slowly setting, painting the canvas called the sky with vibrant colours of red, yellow and orange. The girl smiled, mesmerized by what was in front of her.

The boy grinned looking at her and said "that's the first time I've seen you smile so brightly, just like the sun".

The girl besides her didn't say anything but he knew her silence and geniune smile meant she loved it.

"Let's go back, I got some bread for us to eat", said the boy. The girl gave him a knowing look which indicated that he indeed stolen more rations but the boy ignored her and grabbed her hand and led her towards their small village. Little did they know it was a havoc in the village.

The village seemed brighter than the sun, not because of the lanterns but because it rained hell in. The screams of mothers who lost their children rang through their home, heads of countless people littered the pathways, blood painted the streets. The village they once called their home was gone. The boy and the girl stared at chaos, not believing what occurred as the flames from the hell burned everything in front of them. In that moment they knew, they were not free, but cattle.

Year 844

*Gasp* the boy woke up with a gasp, sweating and breathing heavily as though he was being chased by one of those freeloader and good for nothing M.P. The boy steadied his breathing and sat up looking around the crooked house with no furniture and seemed dead. He walked in the kitchen as screeching sound was heard due to wood, the wood splinters littered the house, the roof was half broken as the street light shined through it but no sunlight.

"What was that? It was different from the other dreams" the boy asked himself as he gulped down the water which had an appearance of sewage water but the boy drank it as though it was his appetite. The boy with black hair and blue eyes then went towards the living room and froze for what was like the third time.

In front of him was the body of his beloved father, rotting as the flies already gathered around it to savour the body. The blood painted the house and the foul smell drenched it. The bowels of his father right in front of him on the floor. The boy couldn't take it and threw up the little food he always got from stealing. A risky job but he had no other choice, that's how it had always been in the underground.

The boy looked away. Finally accepting the fate after 2 days of not accepting it.

Flashback

A nine year old Finn Leichenberg was running away from the M.P.'s.

"You bastard I swear I'll feed you to the pigs when I catch you " yelled one but the boy did not pay any attention and kept running. After a few minutes of chasing the child was finally able to get away from them.