2. Realisation

Year 845

It had been an year since Finn moved in with the Yeager's.

Flashback

After some negotiation and bribery, Grisha was finally able to obtain a citizenship for Finn.

Finn and Grisha walked up the stairs which Finn believed was the gateway to the heaven.

"As you have never seen the sun before you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the sunlight it emits but you will get used to it", said Grisha with a small smile on his face. Finn only nodded in response still unable to believe that he will be finally leaving this hellhole and may not be back (or will he?).

As the gates to heaven opened he was awestruck and as Grisha said overwhelmed and tried to cover his eyes as sun radiated it's wrath on him. They were currently in the capital city of Mitras, Wall Sina.

" The carriage is just at the corner of the street, let's hurry". Finn nodded as he and Grisha went towards the carriage and got in and left. Still recovering, Finn slowly opened his brown eyes and got accommodated to his new surroundings. He looked out of the window of the carriage, he saw people but no titans, who looked just like him but wore way fancier clothes than what he was wearing. He was mesmerized by the beauty of a cathedral, luxurious looking houses, a girl of his age wearing the most beautiful dress he has ever seen. This was the life of people living in Wall Sina.

The carriage moves forward as Finn got up from his slumber. "Finally awake Finn, look outside of the window ". Finn, confused, looked outside as his eyes widened in shock. The sun was now setting, as birds flew in open sky. " So that is what you call a sunset and those things flying must be birds that dad told me about" , the boy said to himself.

It was now dark as the carriage came to a halt " we'll rest for now and continue tomorrow" Finn nodded as Grisha, tired of the journey was fast asleep. Out of curiosity Finn opened the carriage door and stepped outside and felt something soft but at the same time spiky touch his feet, it was grass, he looked towards the horizon as it seemed like the grass would never run out and in front of him was the moon and it did not radiant heat but a calmness and surrounding it were the stars, covering the whole sky as if it were a painting that was the first time Finn felt as though he was fr-

Present

"Ouch" Finn felt something hit the top of his head, he opened his eyes and saw a girl of his age with jet black hair and grey eyes but the most significant thing was a red scarf around her neck which seemed to cover her whole "What was that for, Mikasa?" asked the boy but was only met with a stoic look from the girl

"You are being lazy again, we still got some more firewood to collect" but she was only met with a scoff

"You always try to discipline me but not Eren, I mean look even he is being lazy but I don't see you discipline him?"

*Gasp* Eren opened his eyes and stared above him towards the tree and had a conflicted look on his face. "Well well look who decided to finally wake up, just so you know we did all your work while you were out" said Finn but was not met with an answer. "What's up, something bothering you?" asked Finn.

"It's nothing. I just feel like....like I had a long dream" said Eren. "Let's get going. I suppose this is enough firewood" said the girl as she looked towards Eren and was surprised and asked

"Eren, are you crying?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~