5. The Wasteland Navigation Exercise

*Year 848*

The Wasteland Navigation Exercise

"You know, I'll never get tired seeing this," Finn said, descending his horse as the other looked at him

"You know, I'll never get tired seeing this," Finn said, descending his horse as the other looked at him. "What is it?," Mikasa asked her friend doing the same. "A horse riding a horse, it's a sight to behold," the later said with a sloppy smile as the others laughed.

"Would you just let go of it you damn criminal." Jean exclaimed, clearly irritated by the constant teasing.

"Just messing with you horse shit, don't take it to your heart." Finn said.

The dynamics between Finn and Jean were always intresting to watch. They squabbled, but did not fight, unlike Eren, Finn did not look for a fight, he just loved getting under Jean's skin.

"My methods of sparring may be unorthodox but that's the way it is, you can't expect that the enemy will bow and then fight, he'll stab you right in your ass." Finn said as Jean rolled his eyes. They kinda formed a bond between them, acknowledging each other's strength.

"But you know what surprises me even more, it's Shadis's bald head. The way the sunlight reflects off it, his head shines brighter than any star." said Leichenberg but was not met with any answer when he looked at his comrades he saw them look at him with dreadful eyes. Leichenberg looked behind him and saw the death himself. Keith Shadis.

"Your wise words touch my heart Leichenberg." he said as Finn felt chills run down his spine. "Sir commandant sir!" Finn said, saluting him, suddenly he was picked up by his collar and was slammed into the harsh ground. Finn lay there, his head spinning. "If I hear any more insults, I myself will make sure that you will become a titan snack, now stand up Leichenberg!!" The commandant then went forward towards the stage.

"Finn!" exclaimed Mikasa as she checked on him. "Why do you have to run your mouth?" the girl said looking at him as the later just stood up, dusting himself.

"Are you alright Finn?" A new voice called him out as he instantly recognised it. "Yes, I am fine. Thanks for asking Anna." the girl just smiled at him.

"You deserved it you know." Eren said. "Shut the hell up Eren." Finn said, clearly frustrated, as Armin tried to cool him down.

"Listen up scums! This is your next test!" everyone paid close attention to their commandant's words.

"The Wasteland Navigation Exercise. You, the cadets of the 104th will be split into the groups. Your only objective, is to retrieve an item from the given checkpoint and to return to the base. This task will cover a distance of about 80km (49 miles) in total. You runts must be thinking this task as a walk in the park, but don't! A soldier is a soldier at any given situation, do not let your guard down at any cost. You must be ready to fight in any given situation. Do not succumb to boredom! This whole mission is a battle, don't forget that!"