8. Amidst the darkness, a beacon of hope?

This cruel had once again taken away her home from her. She stood there as her hands began trembling. She looked at her best friend in denial. He wouldn't leave her alone, would he? He's always been there for her, from the day he saved her, he gave her a new life, a purpose, a home, a place in this world. Armin looked at Mikasa, he saw a void filling in her beautiful black orbs.

"They were the brave and valorous cadets of 104th cadets corps and Squadron 34. Thomas Wagner, Nack Tierce, Milieus Zeremski, Mina Carolina...."

"Please no. Please no." the raven haired girl muttered to herself.

" the raven haired girl muttered to herself

"Eren Jaeger!!"

Her heart shattered like a fragile glass pane, her soul taken away from her. The girl's eyes covered by her bangs as she stood frozen when she heard his name. He had left her alone. Eren was no more, he had succumbed to those monsters. The weight of loss pressed upon her.

"Please tell me that's not true. Please." Sasha said in denial.

"Wasn't he the one who swore to kill all titans?"

"Well it got him nowhere."

Various murmurs were heard, not believing that Eren Yeager was now dead. Mikasa stood there not moving a muscle as her blonde friend continued to weep and apologize.

"I'm sorry Mikasa. It's because of me Eren's no more. He saved me once again and I couldn't do shit. I'm so sorry." Armin said but the girl said nothing. She just stood there. Mikasa then crouched in front of Armin, the blonde boy looked at his friend, his eyes twitched. This was no Mikasa Ackerman. Her once beautiful black orbs now mirrored the steel-grey sky above the battlefield as she sported a stoic look on her face, a solider. Was Mikasa Ackerman dead? Armin thought.

Another blonde haired girl did not entertain the idea of suicidal maniac dying, he was just another devil, she thought, but for some reason a tear slipped from her ocean blue eyes (you guys get what I did here?!)