4. A new beginning

Then let me, carry your sins.

Finn stood there, silently. No one, not even his father expressed such concern towards him. He was astounded by Mikasa. He knew that she cared for him but never he expected that she cared for him to even carry his sins. After hearing her, he felt at ease, he felt warm, her hands wrapped around his waist, she was pressed against him, her heartbeat resonated, he could feel it.

He turned around to face the girl. The girl looked back at him and stared back and smiled a little. Finn looked down embarrassed as tears started to form in his eyes. He took Mikasa's hand and squeezed them, as a way of expressing his gratitude towards her.

"I am sorry for yelling at you. I lost my temper." the boy said, but the later just shook her head. Finn looked at her hands, particularly her right wrist, which was always covered by a bandage. Mikasa followed his gaze and knew it was the right time. Mikasa gently removed her hands from him and walked a bit forward. Finn's face felt, he thought he went too far. He looked behind and saw Mikasa sitting under a tree, she looked at him and patted the grass besides her. Finn sighed in relief and went towards her and sat down besides her. They both stayed silent for a while, looking at the stars above them, admiring them as they shined ever so brightly, the cold winds blew but Finn for some reason felt warm. Both of them enjoyed each other's company.

"I know you have always been curious about what's below these," Mikasa said suddenly which left the later a bit stunned but he nodded. Mikasa looked down at her wrist and then slowly started removing the bandage covering what was beneath it. Finn was a bit stunned looking at what it was, he definitely did not expect this

 Finn was a bit stunned looking at what it was, he definitely did not expect this

Finn gently took Mikasa's hand and observed the, symbol? More carefully. It was made up of some type of swords?

"It was passed on to me by my mother. It is the crest of my mother's clan. She said to always cover it and not to show it to anyone," Finn was a bit surprised by the revelation

"Then why did y-" "Showed it to you?" Mikasa completed as Finn nodded. "It's because I trust you," said the girl with a small smile.

"It's the first time I've seen her smile so much, it has to be some sort of a miracle."

"My mother said to pass it down to my children and tell them to pass it down to theirs." She wrapped the bandage around her wrist, covering her secret.

"Does anyone else knows about this." The boy asked.

She shook her head, "Only you and Eren." Leichenberg nodded. They continued to look at the sky, the bond between them, stronger than ever.

"She trusted me with her secret. It's only fair that I trust mine with her. I suppose I can show it to her," Finn thought to himself. As he was about to say something ; "Let's head back. Eren went looking for you, he must be back and must be worried" she said and stood up, Finn nodded and stood up as well, both of them walked back towards their temporary shelter in silence. A silence which was comfortable. "Maybe next time," the boy said to himself, keeping a hand on his chest, following the girl.