SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN | THE MASQUERADE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JENNA BEING INVOLVED WITH SUPERNATURALS WAS THE LAST THING VICTORIA EVER WANTED. Jenna sacrificed everything to take care of her and her siblings. When Victoria first found out about supernaturals, foolishly, she swore to herself that they would never harm her aunt. Unfortunately, this night was the night her promise to herself was broken, all because of Katherine.

When Damon heard about what happened, he rushed to the Gilbert home. Luckily, he managed to save Jenna by feeding her his blood, as he compelled her to forget about what happened. Shaken up by the situation, Elena stayed over at Stefan's for the night in addition to him being able to protect her. While Jeremy, Alaric and Jenna all decided to go to bed, and forget about todays events.

Victoria sat in her bed as her thoughts were interrupted by Damon walking towards her.

"Vic, I-I riled Katherine up. I didn't think." Damon stumbled upon his words as he looked at Victoria desperately, "I'm an idiot. I wouldn't have ever called her if I knew this would've happened. I'm so sorry." He pleaded as he watched Victoria hold back her tears.

"I know, it's not your fault, Damon." Victoria coldly answered without sparing him another glance.

"Vic." Damon pleaded as he walked towards her, gently wiping away her tears which she didn't even realise fell.

Falling into his touch, Victoria turned to Damon as she suddenly wrapped her arms around him, falling into his embrace as he retaliated by wrapping his arms around her waist.

Ironically, she didn't remember the last time she allowed someone to hug her other than her sister. She didn't know why she felt so safe around Damon, but she did. She let out a quiet sob before eventually crying out all the feelings she's kept bottled up for the past few weeks. Damon gently rubbed her back, allowing her to let out everything, even soak up his leather jacket.

Once Victoria calmed down, still in Damon's arms she spoke. "Katherine needs to pay."

"She will, Vic. I promise."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The entire evening had been suspiciously quiet, everyone was ignoring the two Gilbert twins. To add onto the suspicion, Jenna revealed to the two girls that Jeremy went out to attend the Lockwood party, an event he'd never go to willingly. And that was before Alaric, under pressure cracked as he told the two girls Stefan also went, although he only attended to events for Elena.