𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘

Hello Butterflies,

Happy Eid Mubarak 🌙✨

Here is the second chapter of Junoon. Please vote and comment maximum, because that encourages me to write more. Or I'll start to upload in Scrollstack.

Comment and vote to your maximum.

Read and enjoy

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

𝐑𝐀𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀

The sun was burning at its peak today, but the Bansal household was bustling with activity as people were busy decorating the house and arranging things for the marriage of their eldest daughter. Rishabh Bansal, the head of the family, was occupied with making phone calls and arranging extra money for the wedding. As a government school teacher, his salary was minimal. Meanwhile, the lady of the house, Mini Bansal, was busy receiving the guests.

"Jhanki, beta, where is Vaidehi?" Mini asked her youngest daughter.

"She's in her room, Maa," Jhanki said, irritated at her mother for interrupting her game.

"Ask Maithili to bring your elder sister here; guests are asking for her," Mini said.

"For what? So that they can taunt her about her skin color and body?" Jhanki asked in an angry tone, knowing how much her sister gets hurt by their comments.

"Don't raise your voice at me, or else it will be my sandals that are going to talk to you," Mini said, fed up with her attitude. But she too knows how much society judges her elder daughter for having a different skin color than her family.

"Maa, she's with Ayina Di. I think they're going to the temple," Janki said, her voice betraying her fear of her mother.

"Okay, tell them to hurry back after visiting the temple. We need to prepare for tomorrow's mehndi ceremony," Mini replied before heading off to make tea.

In the room, a girl in her mid-twenties donned in a white anarkali suit, which complemented her fair skin tone. After a final check in the mirror, she searched for her best friend, sighing in annoyance when she found her. This girl was none other than Ayina Sharma. She looked at her friend and asked, faking anger.

 She looked at her friend and asked, faking anger

(Ayina's dress)

"Vaidehi?" Her voice was louder than intended, breaking the trance of the other girl in the room, who sat beside the window, gazing at the sun.

"Why are you shouting, Ayina?" The girl asked in her soft tone.

"What else should I do? I've been calling you for the past five minutes, and you weren't answering. By the way, why are you staring at the sun?" Ayina asked, pointing out her friend's strange behavior.

"Don't you see that burning sun? Look at it, it's so powerful yet kind. If the sun wanted, it could burn down the earth, but still, it's spreading its light for us. I want to be like the sun," the girl said, still admiring the sun.