Chapter Six

sorry i havent updated in a while

As the loud noise of an alarm went off, Fiore woke up. Her heart was pounding and she was breathing heavily.

She had been having a nightmare and was quite thankful the alarm had woken her before the nightmare could progress.

The girl raised her arms in a stretch and yawned as she got out of bed. She didn't bother fixing the bed, why should she? She was going to sleep in it again tonight and it would just get messed again.

Fiore glanced out of the window, it was a little dark out still, as it was still Monday morning. It was usually still misty out when she went out to the bus anyways. Suited her fine, she enjoyed the dark weather.

She grabbed her book bag and left her room. She had packed her book bag last night so she wouldn't have to do it in the morning.

The bus ride this time was a little boring, Austin wasn't there. She assumed Alec had driven him to school today, given it was Alec's week with him and Alec worked at the school.

Fiore wasn't in class for very long after getting off of the bus, the principal had almost immediately pulled her out of class to go to the library.

"So...you haven't given me a schedule for this yet... are there specific days I do this?" Fiore asked as they walked down the hallway.

The principal shook their head. "No, it's whenever I pull you out of class to do so. I suppose there will be no issues with this. Correct, Fiore?"

Fiore knew this principal was testing her. Fiore had a history of acting up whenever she wasn't trying to stay quiet with no attention put on her.

She just ended up rolling her eyes and telling the principal what they wanted to hear. "Yeah, I guess. It's fine" She wanted to rip the principal's gray hair out of their head, but she wasn't risking that today.

"Very good, I hope you will keep to your word" Fiore really wanted the principal to shut the absolute fuck up.

Maybe the next time she, Nora, and Austin pulled a prank with no one watching, she would convince them to trash the principal's office.

Fiore could imagine her and her friends trashing everything the principal had in that fucking office. The image that was made in her head caused her to have to push down a laugh.

Possibly she could convince Nora to get some gasoline, and she could steal a lighter from her mother. They could set blaze to every stupid fucking paper this bitch owned.

She knew Nora would be more than willing, she hated the principal more than anyone in the school, even Fiore.

The girl was snapped out of her thoughts when the principal walked into the library, Fiore reluctantly following them.

She walked straight past Alec's desk this time, not bothering to speak to him. He would probably ignore her again. She simply picked up another stack of books and started to sort them on the shelves again.

It had been about an hour since the principal left when Alec finally spoke. He had a sort of irritated tone that made Fiore just want him to shut up.

"You're doing it all wrong, they go in alphabetical order, not genre" he spoke as if it was basic information Fiore should've known.

"How the hell was I supposed to know? You haven't exactly made an effort to help me" she said in a snarky tone.

Fiore could tell that pissed Alec off. It was honestly kind of funny in her opinion, watching him silently fume but not be able to say anything about it in the school building.

"You haven't asked for help, how should I have known? I'm not a mind reader, Fiore"

"Last time I checked, you were my 'mentor' and I was your 'apprentice', Not the other way around. You should've assumed I needed help" Fiore shrugged as she spoke.

"Oh yeah? Like you assumed I was going to betray you?" He had definitely rewatched their season.

Fiore tensed up, she didn't like reflecting or thinking about the show they were on. She hated that place.

"That's different! You're a grown man, I did what I had too" She started to raise her voice as she protested.

Alec started to raise his voice as well. Fiore didn't want to admit it, but it was honestly kind of scaring her, like when her mother would yell at her.

"So betraying me is what you had to do? Was it really necessary to vote me off after all I did for you?" He was basically yelling now.

"Was it really necessary to call me a mistake and a psychopath?!? Did you REALLY have to say my parents were right?!?"

Alec tensed up, he seemed to not have a response to that. Fiore wasn't about to let him freeze up and not answer her.

"You have no idea how bad you hurt me, Alec. I trusted you, and you called me a mistake. Just like my mom did. You're no better than her" Fiore knew she was lying about that last part. Despite what Alec said to her, he was a lot better than her mom.

That's when she felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She didn't wait for Alec's response, she just sank to her knees on the floor and wiped her eyes with her hoodie sleeve as she sniffled.

Alec crouched down in front of her and gently put his hands around her face, her cheeks were now stained with her tears. Alec gave her a calm look before he spoke.

"You're right, Fiore" He sighed. "I shouldn't have called you any of those things, when all you did was play the game. I'm an adult and you're only a child. I'm sorry"

"...r-really?" She was hesitant to believe him, but he sounded genuine. She really wanted to believe him, despite her brain telling her it was a bad idea.

Alec nodded and spoke. "Yes, honest. I'm so sorry Fiore" He used a calm and gentle voice, so as to further prove he was being genuine.

Fiore just gave him a weak smile and nuzzled her face into his chest. She sobbed into his shirt for a few minutes before she felt herself fall asleep, Alec's arms were comfortingly wrapped around her as she did so.