deaf ears

the 5th doctor's TARDIS landed on the island of the Umbral Kingdom, and the doctor stepped out, into a city that looked more medieval looking versus the more advanced ones so far. "So what do we know about these?" Daryll's voice called from in the TARDIS. 

"The Umbral Kingdom is ruled by a vampire...there are a lot of those," the 5th doctor explained. 

Tar followed out. "it takes a lot of effect on my part, not to shoot them," she said. 

Daryll was the last one out of the TARDIS, pulling the door closed. "Do you guys have something against them?" 

"oh trust me, it's a long story," the Doctor said, he looked around before dawning his hat. "well where do you think they keep the important people," 

"Probably that," Tar said pointing to the castle that the TARDIS had landed in the shadow of. "Not sure how you missed it," 

"Hmmm, they don't think it's a bit much do they?" The Doctor said.

"It's the same size as the frostbourne castle," Daryll said.

"My point, Gates over there," The doctor said walking away from Daryll and over to the gate and trying to pull it open. "nope locked," 

"are there often open?" Tar asked. 

"No, but I can live in hope," the doctor said pulling at the gate.

Daryll pushed the doctor out of the way. "I'll deal with this..."

"STOP THERE OUTSIDERS!" a guard leading a group of about 30. "YOU ARE NOT PROMITTED HERE!" 

"Can you go anywhere without getting arrested?" Daryll asked.

"Well, I ummm sure..." the Doctor said. 

"YOU WILL COME WITH US! OUR LEADER, MARCEL WILL WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU!" The guard yelled. 

"that's good," the doctor said. "we want to have...." the guard smacked the doctor around the face knocking him out. 

Daryll raised his hands. "we'll come peacefully, I'll even carry him!" Daryll said. 

"then carry him, although one wrong move and I'll let my me feed," The guard said. 

Tar's eyes went wide and she also threw her arms up. "WE WON'T!"

The guards marched the pair into the throne room, sitting on the throne with the redheaded man with black eyes and red irises, he had his legs crossed staring down at the guards as they dropped the doctor. 

"Well that was uncalled for," the Doctor said, sitting up and looking around. 

Daryll looked down. "how long have you been awake?" he asked. 

"Oh, I was since the guard hit me," the doctor stood up and brushed himself off. "I just didn't feel like walking," he added. 

"You are ins...." 

"ENOUGH!" the Vampire king yelled, standing from his throne. "I was expecting scouts from these war machines! not a group of fools!" 

"Fools? Are we fools?" Tar asked. 

"yes," Daryll answered. 

The Doctor brushed himself. "Well, that's actually why we're here, I'm the doctor, and we're here to warn you," 

"you need to evacuate! the Cybermen are coming and don't have the office..." Marcel raised a hand to interrupt Tar. 

"I already have, the civilians are gone, along with 90% of my army, to the dragon spire to reinforce them, all that remains is my personal guard, we intend to to hold them off as long as we can," Marcel said, standing from his throne. "I have seen what's happened to greater kingdoms,"