void lands

The Cyberman hadn't reached the outer reaches of the end, but the rumours were, and here at the bar at the end of the universe, the TARDIS was parked outside, the 7th doctor, Ciara and Ace inside. 

"So Doc, I'm confused," Ciara said. 

"It's simple when we got caught up in this, it was the future, we then went back, so the past us will turn up, meet with the others, then go back and become us," The doctor explained. 

"I meant why didn't we take your ship to this void kingdom?" Ciara asked. 

"Ah, well the area is filled with pockets of broken space-time if the TARDIS hits one well we would be split across all of time and space, no what we need is a local to take us," he said.

Ace returned to the table. "so they don't serve water....or anything I think it's safe for us to drink," she said looking disappointed. 

"I could have done with a drink," Ciara complained. 

"you always want a drink," Ace said. 

Ciara shrugged. "makes life fun," she answered.

The doctor rolled his eyes. "a lot of things make fun of life," he answered, looking around the bar, and the man sitting alone, in the corner, sipping on something, the doctor stood up and wandered over to the man. "are you captain of the large ship parked outside?" 

"what's it to you?" the man asked. 

"me and friends," the doctor pointed back at Ace and Ciara. "We're looking for travel, we want to go the void kingdom," 

the man laughed. "you have to be joking? they'll kill you the moment they see, Nethers, they kill me if they see you," 

the doctor placed a small bit of metal on the table. "we can make it worth it," he said. 

the man picked up the metal. "Where'd you get this?" he asked. 

"I have travelled," the doctor answered. 

the man nodded. "right then, you have a deal, Captain Alexander at your service," he said. 

"I'm the doctor," he pointed his umbrella backwards. "Ciara and Ace," 

"Well then doctor, meet me on my ship in an hour, do you have any cargo?" the Captain asked. 

"A blue box, it's outside," the Doctor answered. 

The captain raised to his feet. "I'll see you soon then Doctor, I must get the Dewller ready," the Doctor nodded, and Captain Alexander left the bar, placing some form of money down before he left. 

"So Doc what was that you gave him?" Ciara asked twirling her dagger. 

"A scarce metal here," the doctor said. "something important, Iron," 

"IRON!" Ace yelled. 

"Quite Ace, the ender kingdoms use iron in the power systems of their ships, but it's rare, they haven't had enough contact with the overworld to learn it's common enough," the Doctor explained. 

"so if they were a little more open then it wouldn't be so rare?" Ciara asked. 

"Exactly," the Doctor answered.

the hour passed quickly, before the trio went out to meet Captain Alexander, standing on the plank to his ship, the Dweller at the doorstep. an old end war ship from the end empire now refitted as a cargo ship. "Welcome aboard the ironside," the Captain said. 

"so Captain how long will this journey take?" Ace asked. 

The Captain shrugged. "no longer than a few hours if we don't run into any anomalies,"