done.

Shay POV

I left the cop station at three in the morning. Rebekah's parents had come downtown to get her, and they'd raised hell. They wanted charges pressed against my but luckily they couldn't press charges on an underage person. Lucky me. I didn't give a fuck either way.

My mother did, though. The phonecall i got the next morning was not a pretty one.

"A police station?! Drunk fighting? Shay, i thought i'd raised you better than that! Why can't you just be a good child and do as your told? Why can't you at least make an effort and try not to get charged with assault? Why can't you be more like your sister?"

She'd taken it too far. She knew i hated being compared to my sister. In fact, i hated it more than i cared to let on. "You know what? Maybe I'm 'the bad kid' because you've spent all your time doting over your good child. Making sure she stays in school and gets good grades and that kind of shit, instead of paying attention to both of us. Maybe that's why." I hung up after that, and ignored all of her calls for the rest of the day.

Emma was being sympathetic, even though sympathy was the last thing I wanted. "I'm sure she didn't mean to...she knows you hate it when she compares us. You're better than me in a lot of ways. Sure, you're not school smart like I am, like she wants, but you're street smart. There's no way I'd be able to survive on the streets. You would." I guess it made me feel a little better.

Either way, i was rather pissy for the rest of the day. That's what a hangover does to a person, I guess. At this point everyone knew to let me be until my mood passed.