not just the liquor

Shay POV.

The party was awesome! It was one of the best I'd ever been too. Except for one thing--I was kinda getting jealous of these girls who just came up and started grinding on Zayn...i mean, yeah i know i'd only known him for a week, but still...

Anyways. I stuck with him or the rest of the gang for most of the party. At like, one am, when we were about to leave, I noticed that i hadn't seen Niall and Emma for a while. I pulled Zayn away from some chick or other, casting her a dirty look.

------------Zayn POV---------------

The party was sick. First party of the year always was, in my mind. Something kept bothering me though--was it the way the other guys were way too obviously checking out Shay? Probably. It just got me even more pissed off when they came up and tried to hit on her...and trust me, pissed and drunk is not a good combination. especially when it comes to me.

Woah. What the hell had i just said--or thought, rather. Guys checking out Shay pissed me off. Why? I'd only known her for like a week...huh. guess it's just a brotherly instinct kicking in.

-------------Shay POV--------------

 "Where's Niall and Emma?!" i shout over the music. well, more like slur. this is probably the most hammered i've ever been. He shrugs, and suggests that we start looking for them. We eventually find them, in a corner, engaged in a full on make-out sesh. I can't help but squeal in delight. See, Emma isn't the type of girl to usually do this. Hell, even when she was drunk she had common sense! But here she was, mackin' on Niall. "I knew our plan would work!" Zayn tells me. I smile, he smiles back. He bites his lip, making me smile again, nervous. He starts leaning in towards me--

"Hey guys! We've gotta head back to SMBA!" Josh comes up and tells us. We agree, and interrupt Niall and Emma's little make out sesh. I stumble on our way out, almost tripping, until someone catches me. I'm not sure who it was, the person was behind me, and I didn't bother to look back.

The next day, we meet up with the gang for breakfast. Everything's quiet, and Emma and Niall are even more bashful than ever. Nothing pisses me off more than bashfullness when I'm hungover. And yeah, I'm pretty damn hungover right now. "Oh for Christs' Sake!" i exclaim. "You two. Listen. It was not just the fucking alcohol talking last night. Emma, you know you'd have more sense than that, even as drunk as we were. You. two. fucking. like. each other."

I storm out of the caf, and down to the smoking pit, and light up. Emma and Niall had better be together, when I went back. Groaning, i remembered how me and Zayn had almost, just maybe kissed last night. Which I really didn't wanna think about while I was hungover...

it was probably just the liquor anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ouh, so looks like Emma and Niall are getting together! :) thoughts ? :)