CHAPTER SIX

Smiling to myself, I gently rub my belly, wishing our little blueberry a good morning. It feels like the energy from last night is still flowing through my body, making me grin. I snuggle up against Loki and give him a soft kiss to wake him up. As he opens his eyes, I put a finger over his lips, asking him to stay quiet, not wanting to disturb Thor's and Bucky's peaceful sleep.

"Come with me", I whisper. Excitement is written all over my face, and Loki is eager to find out why. Carefully, we get out of bed, and I literally drag him out of the room, out of the house. He doesn't hold me back, not even for a moment. He doesn't ask any questions neither. He feels it deep down his soul, that it is something close to my heart that I have to show him.

"Here we are," I sigh and start fidgeting as we arrive on the lawn in the back.

Not seeing it yet, Loki stares at me, impatiently excited.

Eagerly, I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers. With the other, I motion through the air and whisper "Avdekke."

A beautiful garden reveals itself in front of us. A wide path, with a belt of lavender accompanying it on both sides, leads to a small fountain. To the right and to the left, nicely shaped bushes stand proud, as if guarding the colorful patch of tulips, delicate daisies and scorpion grass beneath them.

Loki's face lights up with joy. His eyes wander from one part of the garden to the other. "Exactly like..." he sighs quietly, not believing his own eyes.

"I hope I remembered all the details correctly," I say nervously. "I know how much you loved the one at home," I smile.

"It's perfect," Loki sighs, fascinated by the garden in general, but moreover about the details of it.

But my anxiety isn't quite gone yet. There's still one thing I want to show him, the most important part of this garden, that is. Grabbing his hand, I drag him further into it, to a hidden spot. When we stop in our tracks, I point to the white stone bench by the jasmine bushes. "I didn't forget about this one," I smile.

"I wonder why," Loki smirks mischievously and we both immediately recall all the magical evenings we spent on that bench. The scent of jasmine makes the trip down the memory lane even easier.

I can still remember, that the scent was always a bit stronger the moment the sun set down on the horizon. I blush crimson. "Do you remember our first time?" I beam at him and give him a melancholic look.

"I'm not sure who was in greater shock – me, or the guard that was making his rounds," he chuckles softly, and the memory makes us both burst out in laughter.

But then my face falls. I look down and rub my belly. "Lokes, I've got something to tell you," I choke out.

Loki cocks his head to the side, somehow confused by the change of mood.

With some hesitation, I finally lift my head again and shyly look into his eyes. "About yesterday..." I start, but pause again to gather my thoughts.

Loki's mind goes to all my peaks "Mhm..." he murmurs and an appreciative smirk appears on his lips.

I swallow hard. "Thor asked me to marry him," I summarize the main concern quickly, as if thinking it would hurt less if I do it this way.