twenty-three

'Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream... If you see a crocodile don't forget to scream.' Leah sings softly as she sits on the floor of the gym with Bunny, holding the toddlers hands as they gently rock backwards and forwards.

'Ah!' Bunny squeals causing the blonde to smile. She'd made the conscious decision to try get to the training centre as early as possible this morning to give Bunny some time to burn off some energy before Leah actually had to start doing some work.

'Look at you in proper little step-mum mode...' A voice says causing Leah to smile as she glances up to see Beth making her way into the gym followed by Vivianne and Steph who smile at her.

'You're here early.' Steph adds glancing down at her watch causing Leah to nod her head.

'We thought we'd get here early, didn't we? Give you a chance to run around and burn off all your energy before everyone else started to arrive.' Leah says smiling as Bunny crawls onto her lap.

'Why are you pretending you're shy? You know the girls... You love Beth and you're absolutely not shy.' Leah asks kissing the top of Bunny's head and wrapping her arms around her as she buries her head in Leah's shirt.

'Morning...' Lia says softly as she makes her way into the gym causing Bunny to squeal and reach her arms out towards the Swiss-midfielder.

'Well you're not pretending you're shy anymore, are you?' Leah asks steadying the toddler on her feet before watching her slowly toddle towards Lia with her arms outstretch.

'Hey, häsli...' Lia says softly as she scoops the little girl into her arms causing Bunny to immediately cuddle into her.

'I feel like she's gotten so big since the last time we seen her.' Beth says and Leah nods her head.

'I even saw a big change in the three days they were up in Glasgow.' Leah replies smiling as Lia makes her way closer to them with Bunny still cuddled in her arms.

'How's Courtney doing?' Beth asks.

'She's good... I think she's a bit stressed about this meeting in the office because she's not been into the office other than when she had to go get her stuff when she first started. She's been working from home the entire time.' Leah admits.

'That picture that you put on Insta last night was adorable... What made you take that step?' Beth asks and Leah shrugs her shoulders.

'It just felt right... I just- People keep telling me to just go with what feels right and when you know, you know. So I did.' Leah replies smiling as Bunny leans from Lia's arms towards the blonde.

'Coming trouble? We'll go get breakfast when all the girls are here, although you've had breakfast already.' Leah says smiling as she takes Bunny back into her arms. Lying back on the floor, she causes Bunny to giggle as Leah lifts her up in the air.

****

'Suits you...' Jen says smiling as she makes her way over to the table where Leah is sitting with Bunny cuddled into her chest as she uses one hand to pat the little girl's back while using the other to eat her breakfast.

'Mm... I'm hoping she falls asleep before we back to the gym.' Leah replies softly as she presses a soft kiss to the top of the little girl's head.

'Is it strange? I mean obviously I have nieces and nephews and that who I absolutely adores but I just- I don't know. I find it hard to imagine being responsible for someone who is half someone I love but not actually related to me?' Jen asks taking a seat next to the blonde who shakes her head.

'It's not as strange as I thought it would be. I think- Well obviously Courtney and I have moved incredibly quick, probably quicker than I ever have in a relationship but it all just feels so right. My mum adores both Courtney and Bunny which you know is a huge thing for me.' Leah replies and Jen nods her head.