twenty-nine

'Keep me updated, yeah?' Courtney says glancing at Alex as she keeps her arms wrapped tightly around Leah. Things have been better between them lately; Leah has been less snappy and as a result is confiding in Courtney more when she's feeling shit and Courtney has been attempting give the blonde more space.

'You've got my word... I'll let you know as soon as they take her down and I'll let you know as soon as they bring her back up.' Alex replies nodding her head as she watches the couple in front of her.

'I'm sorry I can't take you today.' Courtney almost whispers and Leah shakes her head.

'Don't be silly, this is something we both decided. You need to be here with Bunny. The nursery is closed, neither of us could've anticipated that and it's not fair to have her cooped up in a hospital room for hours. I'm gonna be okay. This is the beginning of moving forward, of starting recovery and getting back to normal.' Leah says and Courtney smiles slightly.

'Mm-hmm... First day of a new beginning.' Courtney replies.

'You're gonna come back stronger.' Courtney adds and Leah nods her head.

'I'll be running round after Bunny in no time.' Leah says unwrapping her arms from the brunette who nods her head.

'Yes you will... Now go before you're late for your appointment. I love you and I'll be waiting here when you get home.' Courtney replies.

'I love you too.' Leah says softly. Leaning forward she kisses Courtney's forehead before turning to face Alex with a small smile on her face as Bunny's cry filters through the baby monitor.

'Right, let's go get my knee fixed while Court sees to Bunny-Boo... Give her a kiss from me, yeah?' Leah says glancing over her shoulder at Courtney who nods her head.

'I will do.' Courtney replies. She watches as Leah and Alex make their way out of the apartment before turning and making her way through to Bunny's bedroom where the little girl has pulled herself into a standing position in her cot.

'Mama!' Bunny says reaching her arms out towards the brunette.

'Hi, sweetheart. Did you have a good sleep?' Courtney asks lifting the little girl into her arms and perching her on her hip.

'What are we going to do while Lele's gone to get her surgery? Hmm... Will we go out and pick up some supplies for her?' Courtney says kissing the top of the little girl's head.

****

'Hey, Alex... Everything okay?' Courtney asks holding the phone to her ear as she glances in the rearview mirror at Bunny who is fast asleep in her carseat.

'Hey, Courtney... Everything is fine. That's Le just gone down to theatre. They've said the surgery could take between two to two and a half hours.' Alex replies.

'How was she?' Courtney asks quietly.

'She was nervous. Understandably so but she was okay. She told me to tell you not to worry too much about her that she's going to be absolutely fine.' Alex replies causing Courtney to chuckle slightly.

'Are you just hanging around the hospital?' Courtney asks.

'Mm... They've given me a little buzzer thing so I'm going to head down to the Starbucks and they'll buzz me when she's out of theatre.' Alex replies.

'Do you want me to come meet you? I've just been to pick up some little bits for Le for when she gets home, new pyjamas and that but I can come by the hospital. If you're sitting in the Starbucks.' Courtney asks.

'If you want to come by that's fine. I'd be happy with the company but if it's not going to be any good with Bunny then that's fine.' Alex replies.