011 ⸺ comfort

"We all know WICKED's fancy cure isn't going to work. Even if it did, I wouldn't want it to. Nothing much to live for on this piece-of-klunk planet."

With that Newt turned on his heels and left his friends in the room without him.

Thomas swallowed, his throat dry and scratchy. He felt a pit start to form in his stomach as he looked across the room to lock eyes with Minho, before looking at Brenda and Jorge, who only stared back with blank expressions.

The five of them were inside the berg they had stolen from WICKED, only a few hours flight from Denver. Newt would never be let in the city, the checks at the entrance would be sure of it. The only thing he could do was stay cooped up in the berg while the rest of them were in the city.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Thomas sighed and stood up. Minho opened his mouth to say something, but Thomas didn't pay attention to him, and was out the door before he could get anything out.

Thomas found Newt a few rooms away, curled up against the wall, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Newt..." he trailed off, his heart aching at the sight.

The blond, snapped his head up, inhaling sharply.

"Bloody hell Tommy." He huffed stretching his legs out and diverting his gaze back to the floor.

Thomas moved slowly, his breathing shallow, as he walked over to Newt and slowly slid down the wall to sit on the floor next to him. Newt glanced sideways, frowning harder and sighing as he leaned his head against the wall behind him.

"We won't be in the city long Newt. I promise we'll be in and out as quickly as possible." Thomas blinked not meeting Newt's eyes, and picking at a loose thread on his shirt.

"I know Tommy." The blond sighed.

"Then we can work on finding a cure for you."

Newt snorted and looked over at Thomas, "We both know I'll only last another week at most, you just need to accept it."

The brunette swallowed thickly, feeling his stomach sour at the words, "I don't want to accept it..." he muttered, crossing his arms.

Newt sighed, frowning. He moved his hand to rest lightly on Thomas' thigh, trying to reassure him in the first way he thought of.

He opened his mouth, trying to find the right words to fill the silence. But before he could say anything he felt a pair of lips on his own.

Thomas had his hands on either side of his face, pulling him closer in the embrace. Newt sighed into the kiss, bringing one hand to the back of Thomas' neck and resting the other in his hair.

The kiss was rushed and messy, it was far from soft or sweet, but it was what both of them needed. They both poured all the bottled up feelings they had into the kiss. Newt slowly let his hands creep down Thomas' sides, grabbing his hips and dragging him even closer. There was barely any space between the two anymore, but it still wasn't enough, they craved to be closer, they craved for more.

Eventually the rhythmic moving of their lips slowed, until it finally stopped, and they both reluctantly parted. Thomas was still cradling Newt's face in his hands, with his eyes closed, and he slowly ran his thumb over his cheek. They didn't fully pull away, keeping their foreheads resting together, their noses brushing slightly, and their breaths mingling. Thomas felt content sitting there, in Newt's arms, and for the first time in a while he felt comfortable and calm. Safe even, like nothing could hurt him in this moment, and he wanted it to never end.

But all too soon Newt was pulling away, leaning back against the wall and removing his hands from Thomas' sides. His expression held something that Thomas couldn't read. Guilt maybe, or regret. Thomas' heart dropped at that thought. Did Newt regret kissing him ? He pulled back as well, tugging his bottom lip between his teeth as he fidgeted with his hands.

When he looked back at the blond he appeared to be lost in thought, a frown set on his face. Newt glanced over at him, and caught his gaze. His expression softened ever so slightly and he reached over to Thomas' hand, giving it a quick squeeze before pulling himself to his feet, limping away and leaving Thomas sitting on the floor. Alone with his thoughts.

...

Hope you enjoyed this short chapter, I wanted to write something, as next week I'm going on a trip and that will delay my next update quite a bit :,)

[UNEDITED]

-raven

795 words <3