Chapter 9: When The Future Is The Past

The drawings for this chapter were made by cloudy_ink! Her art is wonderful, and its style includes giving anthro characters clothes, which is why the characters are wearing some. Please check out his stories!

The gravity was absent, as usual. Sid wasn't looking at the sphere- everyone was sleeping at the moment, and it was creepy to watch them slumber.

Sid “laid” on their back as if they were on the floor staring up at a ceiling once more.

Petey: Have you ever wondered why we're not in comic form? Why are we in WRITING if we are all originally from a COMIC?

Sid: [shrugs] I don't know. But writing can give more depth to a character and explain thoughts better, while comics are just like the important parts of a finished animation. If that makes sense

Petey: Why do you know so much about that?

Sid: When I was a kid I really liked comics and writing music, and just general writing. But I decided to do engineering in life, it would get me farther than being an artist. At least, thats what I was thinking when deciding a college to go to. And I guess I was right?

Petey: beats me, I've never finished first grade.

Sid: And yet you use words 1st graders don't even know exist

Petey: I don't know how to explain that. I know most things but nothing basic.

Sid: Do you know what an idiom is?

Petey:

Petey: [confused] That's the describing word right?

Sid: No, dimwit, it's a common phrase that means different from what it says, such as “kill two birds with one stone,” meaning if you do one thing you're also doing another thing and benefiting from both

Petey: Oh. I thought it was the describing word or one about math.

Sid: You're very strange

Petey: thank you

It felt like the time in cartoons where crickets would sound when it was too quiet.

Sid: I'm pretty sure I'm either still talking to a hallucination or I'm dreaming. But I'm also not surprised I'm here? If that makes sense?

Petey: This could be a dream. All that can be written could end with you waking up in your bed. Maybe even wake up in your room at Mama's lab, still stuck in 2016. Maybe even 2015 at that dog's house. 

Sid: I… [starts to fully think about it] That's terrifying. Oh god.

Petey: But it'd be forgotten in a small moment, only bits and fragments of it left to be remembered. And you’d go back to being a 7 or 8 year old or something along those lines.

Sid: I don't want to think about that, I would prefer it if you'd stop

Petey: Why? It's only just a thought. Even I could be dreaming, it doesn't bother me.