| Chapter 42 |

——————————
CHAPTER 42
——————————

"I need you to take a trip back to the Magic Realm."

Silence fell in the living room of the legendary mage's house as you heard her words, a confused look crossing upon your face. Clearing your throat, you placed down the coffee cup that you just took a sip on before turning back to her again.

"Right now? Won't it be a bad time... considering the circumstances here?" You asked, watching as she nodded, her gaze locked with yours while she sat on the couch across from you. "I mean... If I'd be gone for a day there like last time, two months will pass here. I don't think it's a great idea to be gone for that long right now." You added, pertaining to the fact that there are still people from Magic Realm that are trapped in The Land. They are still currently staying at the village, and it's been exactly a month since they got transported.

The past weeks have been busy with your work at the military, although aside from the raid mission in one of Devrim's warehouse, there hasn't really been much big events. It was usually more or less investigations and patrolling on areas where criminals from the said organization were spotted.

"Well, that's true. But... At this rate, there's no chance for me to complete the Gate." Yashka sighed as she answered, a slightly embarassed look reflected on her eyes. "I don't want to admit this, but I'm stucked on progress. I'm gonna need a copy of Master's book for me to be able to move forward."

"I see. We need the Gate to complete in order to send the citizens back too... But I can't leave them here either. What should we do?"

It was only the two of you at her house, aside from the many cats scattered around. Rayne and Lance were currently with Toshi, Frey and Freya at a small investigation mission, while Finn and Dot took the day off and are wandering around. You were also on your rest day, which you decided to spend lazing in Yashka's house.

The legendary mage smiled as she took a gulp of her fifth coffee of the day, settling down the now empty cup before she confidently answered, "Unlike before, my Gate is set at an exact time. Once you go through, you'll have exactly 6 days and 2 hours of Magic Realm time before you get sucked back here. So, it would be best if you, Rayne, and the other three all go together."

"A set time? But then... 6 days, that's gonna be a year here! We can't leave the citizens here for too long, especially with Devrim being more and more active." You exclaimed, leaning forward a bit as you frowned at her. Your worry lessened right away when she gave you a reassuring nod.

"That's why... I have the perfect plan." A smirk appeared through her lips, and the unwavering assertiveness reflected in her eyes showed how certain she was about it.

Sighing, you leaned back and gave her a curious gaze. "Sending the citizens back with us? Even with that, what about the rest of the people here?"

Yashka chuckled as she shook her head. "Just listen to me first, don't worry. That's not what's on my mind, this is even better."

"We're back!"

You glanced behind you as you heard the door open, accompanied with the familiar voice of your hot-headed friend. He and Finn smiled as they entered, both carrying a bag of different kinds of food and snacks.

"We bought something to eat, if anyone's hungry." The younger Ames stated, a warm smile on his face as he continued to enter towards the kitchen. The three have been living in Yashka's house as well, as she created a whole new room using different combined magic spells just for them.

"Y-Y-Yashka-chan, I got you something. Do you like sweets?! Or maybe salty food?!" Dot flusteredly asked as he approached the purple-haired mage, carrying bags of the treats that he bought. He looked like he was trying to play it cool, but his nervousness was easily seen through.