Your little daughter-in-law has come to mortgage the baby

When William pushed open the door, he saw Emily coming out of the kitchen carrying two dishes.The small face, which was originally somewhat worried, immediately changed into a smile upon seeing him.I just smiled a bit reluctantly.William washed his hands and sat at the table. After training all day, his stomach was also hungry. The steaming food looked appetizing.He picked up a bowl and ate it in large gulps, while Emily sat quietly across from him, motionless."What's going on?" He looked up at her.Emily paused and shook her head gently."Then hurry up and eat." William picked up a piece of meat and put it on her plate. "Can you see enough just by looking?"Emily lowered her head and pursed her lips, but she really had no appetite. At this moment, with a beep on his phone, his younger brother Yin Cheng's message came: "Sister, when can I get Mom's medical expenses? If I don't come again, the doctor will have to stop taking the medicine!"She tightened her heart and instinctively looked at the low cabinet drawer in the bedroom.Last time William gave her gold jewelry, she put it all inside, especially the gold inlaid jade bracelet, which should be worth a lot of money"What are you staring at?" Suddenly, a deep voice interrupted her thoughts.Emily regained her senses and suddenly met the man's deep gaze, causing a slight tremble. Somehow, William's unusual aura always made her feel a strong sense of oppression when looking at him."It's nothing..." she said softly.William put down the dishes, his gaze seeming to be somewhat profound. "Is there something you want to tell me?"Emily shook her head in a panic.But William was not in a hurry. He looked at her for a while, smiled lightly, and then started eating on his own.Since she doesn't want to say anything, he won't ask. Sooner or later, this girl will lose her composure.That night, Emily's heart was in a mess. She looked back and forth at the messages sent by Yin Cheng several times, and had countless ways to make money in her mind, but none of them could save the nearby fire.It's impossible to go back to the Jiang family and ask for money again. The only way now is probablyShe quietly closed the door, opened the cabinet drawers, and took out the carved wooden box. The jewelry inside shone brightly under the moonlight. She took out her bracelet, hesitated for a long time, and finally carefully wrapped it and put it in her pocket."Well, it's really good," the jewelry store staff nodded and chuckled. "Miss, although your bracelet has an old style, fortunately it's a classic style and has a high-quality texture. It's rare to see anything as good as gold and jade now.""How much can it be exchanged for?" Emily looked at her eagerly."Miss, do you mean mortgage?" The staff smiled and took her to a small room inside.There are several professional instruments on the table, and the staff asked her to wait here for a moment before leaving.Emily sat there, looking around, this jewelry store was so luxurious that it exceeded her imagination.Actually, she didn't have much hope before coming, after all, that bracelet looked like it had been around for years, and with William's condition, she couldn't get anything too good.I didn't expect the staff here to let her stay.She held the bracelet in her hand, weighed it back and forth, stood up again, hesitating in the room.She didn't know that every little move she made was clearly visible from the surveillance footage."Bai Shao, this is something passed down by the Huo family... Should we bring this young lady over now?"Behind the spacious office desk, a pair of eyes were fixed on the screen of the computer, with a handsome face with a hint of cynicism. He leaned back, his long legs crossed and tilted on the table. His eyes narrowed, and he curled his lips and smiled, "Don't worry, wait and see!""But what if she stole this?""I don't think so." Bai Jingyuan turned the lighter and lit a cigarette. "I heard that Third Brother is married, so this should be his little wife. Oh, leaving such a precious thing to her for safekeeping... Third Brother must have never imagined that his sister-in-law has come here to keep it for him!""Bai Shao, what should we do next?""Let the salesperson give her a price, let's start with one million!"Emily anxiously waited for the clerk, who grinned as soon as she saw her and said, "Miss, after our professional appraisal, it's not a problem to mortgage this bracelet for one million yuan."Emily let out a buzzing sound in her ear and was stunned for ten seconds.One million?She tightly clenched the bracelet, with a puzzled expression on her delicate face.This price greatly exceeded her expectations, and she never expected that this jewelry would be so valuable!With this one million yuan, not to mention my mother's current medical expenses, we will have a place to go in the future and be able to send Yin Cheng to a better schoolBut this is a wedding gift from William to her.Emily's heart twitched and she frowned lightly.At this moment, the image of William handing over the jewelry box suddenly flashed in her mind."This is all my belongings, I'll leave it to you, and you'll take care of this house from now on."She bit her lips and felt a wave of guilt in her heart. She gave everything she could offer, but how did she treat her sincerity?"Miss, are you not satisfied with this price?" The staff member smiled cautiously, "We can still discuss the price. Alright, I'll show you our mortgage records here for your reference before...""I won't sell it!" Emily suddenly stood up and swiftly stuffed the bracelet back into her bag."This..."Before the staff could react, she had already run out of the jewelry store, her slender figure disappearing into the bustling street."Oh, it's not sold yet?" A mocking voice came from upstairs at the jewelry store.The staff immediately turned around, bowed ninety degrees, and respectfully shouted, "Bai Shao!"The man squinted his eyes slightly, his beautiful face displaying a wild expression. He sat on the sofa and took out the phone, laughing, "Third brother, your little daughter-in-law came to me with your ancestral treasure as collateral. Do you know?"