Chapter 14: Diablos Cult

Damp and dimly lit. Cramped line of walls covered by a thick layer of moss. Shadows stretched to the end of the tunnel, lied a closed rusted iron-door.

A group of five people, with each unique demonic mask menacingly advanced on the uneven stone floor. Large pointed horn person led the march, sapphire flame on his palm, a cold eerie sensation creeped to those behind.

He stopped before a carved mythical creature. Its body, legs were of a lion, and the head of an eagle. A griffin was a symbol of “their” family to display their power, wealth and prestige to the kingdom.

It moved away from the other – causing small movements on both floor and ceiling – ground coloured dust greeted them as they entered what's beneath the iron-door.

Polished dark tainted walls covered the entire room. Sapphire flames illuminated all four corners, revealing a marble table and a deep red altar.

“They’ve finally revealed themselves.”

More violent quakes shook the entire room. All four remained silent, bluish lights started to tremble from his energy leaking out, yet they never moved an inch in their seats.

“Mr. Zenon. A promising candidate for the Knights of the Round perished,” he paused. “Very regrettable.”

There was no grief. No feelings of loss crossed his heart. What he regretted was his investment: money, manpower, items, research subjects and many more were all gone to waste.

“The orb. Show me the orb.”

Another person with a mask of a four horned devil put a night-dyed crystal into the middle of the table.

It glowed.

That particular crystal was a unique magical item disguised as a gift from him to Zenon, but in truth, it was a recording device to monitor him up close.

A figure showed up in the orb, then another person, and the video started to play. All of a sudden, Alexia was freed from the monster's attack. Then she and Zenon crossed swords, revealing her short power-up yet she still lost the fight.

Before he could slice her up, someone appeared and caught his attention. His entrance was bloody; jet-black cloak covered in red, ebony sword soaked in blood, and crimson eyes glowed beneath his mask.

Both of them attacked each other in an instant. As predicted, Zenon was pushed to a corner, and forced to use desperate measures to defeat the mysterious person — chugging an entire bottle of pills. Yet, it was all in vain.

The one-sided beating continued. He was completely helpless, purely humiliated.

Zenon screamed something at him, but the video was cut off as the orb turned into white ‘Boom’, screen returned to normal and revealed a devastated scene under the night sky.

“Such mediocre swordsmanship. Diligence. Dedication. Pure effort is the only explanation to reach that kind of level.” they all carefully observe Cid’s display of skills and power. “With this we can completely rule out Kiyotaka Kagenoh as the leader of those rats.”

“I beg to di–” she couldn't finish her statement as that person’s eyes glowed dangerously.

“You dare question my authority?”

She was stiffened, not due to his intense pressure. The person behind that one-horned demon mask couldn't move a muscle as her instinct took over her consciousness. Her alluring body hid unspeakable scars – that’d been removed through magic – for disobedience.

None of them said anything afterwards.

“Master Finrer has requested us to collaborate with the Lank Knight to lure out Shadow Garden.” bluish flames burst out. “An artifact has already been planted in the academy. Moreover, it's a perfect opportunity to test out his skill against our enemy.”