Chapter 7: Wait-What?

The day before Claire was sent to the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy, she vanished from her room, nowhere to be found. The furniture and expensive materials were left untouched, implying that it is a case of kidnapping, not robbery. And taking Claire away without her putting up any resistance as well as doing it undetected by her father in the next room means the perpetrators are quite skilled.

Still not on par when it comes to Kiyotaka and Cid though. After they basked on the dragon’s dying breath, their magical energy grows threshold, sharpening their senses to its full potential and turning their magical energy much darker than before.

Kiyotaka and Cid now share the same aura.

Unfortunately, the twins were away that night. The former was infiltrating a particular church and the latter was doing whatever is on his bucket list.

Kiyotaka immediately ordered the girls to search for clues about Claire's whereabouts. Eta and Beta tried to decrypt the ancient letters they found in the churches and Alpha deployed the rest to different locations gathered on it.

It didn't take long for the enemy's hideout to be traced and launched a rescue operation in the dead of the night.

Kiyotaka pondered about the connection between the girls and Claire since he didn't notice any sign of possession from her older sister.

The attack commenced without any delay, all the people inside the facility lost their life one by one as they crossed swords with the intruders.

No matter how durable their armor and skillful they are to the way of the sword, everything is futile against the overwhelming opponents.

Their swordsmanship is polished to the core and ingenious abilities that are first seen in this world.

It was a one-sided massacre.

The group cornered the owner of the facility but before they could take his head. He swallows a certain pill, causing his magical energy to burst out in a rampage. Kiyotaka finds the situation dire, he draws out his sword and swiftly passes through him, cutting his arm.

He was surprised since he managed to block the attack that was aimed to cut off his neck.

Flesh bulges out from the wound, a new arm grows. A regeneration ability.

He raised his arm into the air then slammed it straight to Kiyotaka at an incomprehensible speed. The boy with a hood leaped backwards and his arm hit the floor, shaking the entire facility.

As the cloud of dust became thinner, the man was nowhere to be found and a huge hole was made.

The girls were about to jump and chased after him but Kiyotaka stopped them. He orders them to find his sister first and secure her life before anything else.

Kiyotaka and Alpha noticed a familiar presence below and they jumped to the hole.

Cid easily kills the man without breaking a sweat. He noticed Kiyotaka hiding in the dark and called him out.

The two size-up themselves and in a flash, they draw out their sword.

The slime blades haven't touched each other yet but a chaotic magical energy was formed in the middle, cracking up the walls, grounds and ceilings in the area.

Both of them understood that the ground above would collapse the moment their swords clashed, so they swiftly backed away.

Cid dramatically turned his back and considered Kiyotaka his rival before he completely vanished into the dark.

He was totally oblivious of the fact that it was his older brother, Kiyotaka though.

Alpha appears on his side and says his power is almost close to Cid. Kiyotaka didn't respond.

The rest of the girls search up the facility, looking for confidential documents after they secured Claire's life. Zeta was left on guard to the unconscious Claire.

An insignia on a particular door tells the group that they will find the answer on the other side.

Cult of Diablos

They finally know the name of their enemy.

Morning came. Claire, who was left behind in a broken carriage managed to get back home, totally pissed.

Kiyotaka scratched his head upon hearing about it while the girls just giggled.

And we have Cid, who saw his worn-out sister enter their mansion and secretly murmured, ‘I know she will return home.’ then went back to his usual routine.

Claire then left her home and went out her way to the Capital. She was not the only one who left though, after analyzing the information they recently gathered. The girls, who were on their knees, asked their lord to temporarily leave his side to increase their force for the future battles.

Kiyotaka allowed them and said to prioritize their safety before the mission. He is confident that they can already survive on their own since he taught them various skills other than swordsmanship.

The girls' lips swayed and were grateful for their lord. Delta couldn't control herself and jumped off to him, hugging Kiyotaka tightly while digging her face to his cheek. The rest chuckled upon witnessing the wholesome scene and then joined afterwards. Kiyotaka can easily free himself but he chooses to let them.

•••

A month passed since me and Cid followed the same path as our older sister, Claire.

We both entered the Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy at age 15. Cid just continued holding back in the entrance examination and was placed in the last class while I'm in the advanced one. Also, perhaps it's a work of coincidence, I'm in the same class as the girl and boy, who attended our 13th birthday celebration.

I just recently had their names; Suzune and Yukimura, since they didn't introduce themselves that evening.

My life was smoothly sailing, if I say so. Class isn't that hard and only our spellsword class instructor is on par with me in a duel.

The upperclassmen who were trying to pick on me all lost their sword and fighting spirit, they suffered a crushing defeat. Similar outcomes also happened to those who were planning to retaliate to the idiot Cid, but worse since they had broken bones. They should be thankful to me though, or else it won't end with an internal wound but six-feet below ground. I'm pretty certain this psycho will do it without a moment of hesitation.

I was enjoying my cup of hot chocolate from Mitsubishi when I suddenly heard a rumor that caught me off-guard, making me spit-off my drink.

“... Cid is dating Princess Alexia?” I put down the china, clasped my fingers, pondered what in the actual fuck happened.

I'm not that familiar with the second princess, even though we belong to the same class, but I can tell something is off about her.

She always has her royal aura around her and handles anyone she interacts with in a business-like manner.

Her swordsmanship is not that outstanding though but with hard work she's better than your average joe.

Princess Alexia was also the school’s idol and the number of boys she rejected is already a mountain pile.

And now you're telling me that the same person is going out with that idiot Cid?

“I …see.”

The boy seated across from me and the one who told me about the rumor looks at me with confusion.

‘If they're dating with nothing but pure intentions, I'm totally fine with it. However, that's too good to be true.’

The peaceful days shortly ended. Damn you, Cid.

“Sighed,”

-----------------------------x