#1 - you havent lived, have you?

WEDNESDAY, 2:45PM

The door infront of me opens, and I'm greeted by Mr & Mrs Altieri.

"Hello, come in, come in!" They both say. Mr Altieri takes my bags. I give him a warm smile before stepping inside and taking a first glance around.

Their home is very posh. The floor is marble and most of it is supported with big marble pillars. Mr & Mrs Altieri look very clean and tidy, which I take a liking to.

First impressions are very important to me. I got that from my father.

"Your home is lovely." I break the silence.

"I'm Elsa," Mrs Altieri introduces herself, "and this is my husband, Arturo."

"Yes, yes. I know your father through business. I was quite surprised when he called me asking if you could stay but we feel Chiara could use a friend, seeing as she's an only child." He smiles at me.

"Where is she? I'd love to meet her!" I say with enthusiasm. They both give me a light chuckle.

"She's at school at the moment." Elsa replies before speaking again, "Which I have spoken to the principal about, he's happy to enrol you for your stay... if you're happy with that of course." She looks at me with a curious face.

"I can't wait! I can't believe I have never met you guys before. You are both so lovely." I compliment them. They give me a smile before Elsa places her hand on my shoulder.

"Would you like to see your room?" She asks, I nod and we begin walking down the unnecessary long and decorated hallway. I take a few glances around as we walk.

"Here we are," She smiles, "Right next to your room is Chiara's room and right down the hall is our room. Make yourself at home!" She tells me enthusiastically, opening the door to my room and walking off.

I walk inside so I'm stood in the centre of the room. The room is painted with white walls and a cold grey marble floor. There's a lot of paintings with what looks like Italy views and there's a big window, overlooking Rome with a window seat. The bed is made and pushed up against the wall, it has a lot of pillows. It's fairly big, which I like. I place my shoulder bag down on the vanity and take my book out of it. I nearly finished my book since I had a long way here. The total time from America to Italy is eleven hours but my mother accompanied me so I didn't mind.

I sit down on the window seat with my book, admiring the view below me.

I couldn't understand why my parents decided it was best for me to come here. I was perfectly fine taking care of myself, they probably thought I would fall out of line or some stupid shit.

Not that I'm complaining about being here. I'll be able to learn new things and meet new people. I'm just not so sure I'll be able to fit in.

"Serenity?" A voice interrupts my thoughts, with a blonde headed girl peaking through my door. I smile, hopping off the window seat.

"Hey, come in." I smile.

Chiara walks in with my bags, putting them in the middle of the room.

We both jump on the bed, laying next to each other.

"How do you like it so far?" She questions me.

"From what I've seen so far, I love it here. It's so beautiful." I say passionately. She gives me a soft chuckle.

"I have a lot of questions for you." She sits up, waiting for an answer from me.