#8 - friends?!

"Can you forgive me?" He pleads, looking down on me with his eyes.

I can't reject those eyes, I want to but I just can't.

"Do you have an excuse for earlier? Hm?" I fight it a little before giving in.

"I was just a little angry, okay? Virginia needs to learn when to stop. It's like she doesn't have boundaries." Niccolo rants, throwing his hands around.

I pick at my nails, like I usually do when I'm a little anxious. I look up to him, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Mmm, I don't know." I tease him. Niccolo rolls his eyes, sitting next to me.

He stares at me, I keep my vision straight ahead of me. I'm still trying to fight it and I don't know why.

"Ren." He mumbles, his fingers to my chin as he moves my face to look at him. Our faces are close, I can feel his hot and heavy breath on me.

"Stop that." I whisper firmly.

"You know there's something between us, don't try and fight it." He grins cockily.

"We're so different, me and you." I say, smiling up at him.

He looks a little taken back as he frowns at me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Niccolo questions me.

"I just can't see it working. You know?" I mumble, looking down to my knees.

Niccolo's face grows a little confused and angry.

"Serenity, is this to do with Virginia? How I treated her?" He guesses.

I stay silent before answering.

"Yes and no." I sigh, "You would be my first proper relationship. I don't want my hope of love to be destroyed, I don't want to be crying myself to sleep every night over my first love."

"You really think I'd do that to you?" Niccolo growls at me as he stands up, towering over me.

"I'm not saying you would Nico but I-"

"You're right. It wouldn't work, you see, you're a daddy's girl. You'll do anything to make your daddy proud, won't you?" He scoffs. It's like he's just put his guard back up, like a wall is built around him.

"Niccolo, please stop." I mumble, my face in my hands.

"You'd pick your fucking pathetic little promise over living your life? That ring means nothing, you know." He stares down at my ring, "It's just a promise that bounds you tighter to your daddy, making you more stuck up."

"Stop throwing your fucking toys out your pram, Niccolo! This is what I mean. Me and you, we are two very different people. You don't understand how things work for me." I defend myself, wiping my eyes.

Niccolo stares at me for a few seconds, hesitating to speak before he slams my door and walks out.

My body jumps a little when he slams the door but I immediately let out a big sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

I need to get out of here. I can't be in this house for another second.

I quickly grab my jacket from my chair and practically run down the stairs, slamming the front door on accident as I head out.

I walk around town, looking for a quiet place to sit and think.

7:30PM

I found a beach, pretty much tucked away from the outside world. It's peaceful here and the breeze is fresh. I lay my jacket down on the sand and sitting on top of it. I smile, taking a deep breath when I can hear someone's feet rustling from behind me. I roll my eyes in annoyance and turn around. Fuck sake, can't have five minutes of peace can I?