#2 - ren

THURSDAY, 6:49AM

I grumble, followed by a sigh. I gently rub my eyes, opening them. I'm quick to shut them when the sun immediately shines in through the window and onto my eyes. I'm not even sure what time it is but I'm awake and full of energy. I must have fallen asleep super early last night.

I roll over, grabbing my phone from my bedside table. I forgot I even had one. I check the time and then proceed to call my mother.

"Hi, sweetheart. Is everything okay?"

"Mhm. I'm still curious as to why you decided to send me here."

"Why? Are you having trouble there?" She asks, sounding concerned.

"No. I just want to know."

"We will talk when you're back. I promise."

"Alright, I guess."

I remain on the phone to her, stumbling out of bed.

"Did you manage to get enrolled over there?"

"Yeah. Today is my first day."

"Are you excited?"

"I guess so."

"Alright. I have to go. Have a good day. I love you."

"Love you."

The phone call was cut short. My parents were acting shady a few days before I left but I didn't really think about it until the plane journey here. Whatever it is, I'm not going to worry about it.

I walk to the bathroom, splashing my face with some water and head back into my bedroom, changing into the uniform. I take a look in the mirror and pull a face.

"This is scary. We don't have uniform in America."

"Are you talking to yourself?" Chiara laughs, walking in on me.

"Oh and you don't?" I turn around, nudging her in the shoulder.

"Mmm... no. Maybe it's an American thing." She jokes. I roll my eyes and throw my pillow at her.

"You look cute though." She adds, being more serious this time. I smile at her and she heads over to me, "I've got practice so I'm gonna go. I'll see you at school." She hugs me before heading out.

I hear a few murmurs between Elsa and Chiara out in the kitchen before Chiara slams the front door.

God, that's made me ten times more nervous. Having to walk into school on my own. I brush it off, not allowing my fears to get the better of me. I sit down at the vanity and brush my hair. My hair is a combination of wavy and straight. I don't want it looking like a total mess so I decide to straighten my hair.

Once I've finished, I add a little mascara and brush through my eyebrows. My mother didn't like me wearing makeup, she said it made me look 'trashy.' I never understood how, but I always listened to her anyway.

7:45AM.

I head into the kitchen where Elsa is, making breakfast.