|| Dvadasha- Destined For the Five ||

Arjuna stood petrified.

His hand gripped onto the wooden pillar that was situated in the corner of the hut, and his eyes fixated on the ground in front of the saintly figure who sat down on the ground, surrounded by the other four Pandavas, his hand supported by the stick he carried.

The sage's eyes, though, were fixed on Arjuna's standing figure, who looked as if Thunder struck him.

"Pitamaha, would you please explain what exactly you mean?" Arjuna's voice was so tender and reverential, and he walked towards the son of Satyavati who sat in the middle of the room, a divine aura surrounding his form.

"Arjuna, I can partly understand the tsunami of thoughts in your head. But I also am confident in your faith and in your ability to take right decisions, as much as I am in your brothers."

"Jyeshta!" Arjuna's arms immediately gripped Yudhishthira's shoulders as he noticed his bright golden skin pale down into whiteness. Bhima, who usually would be the first one to interact in such discussions, now seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Nakula, whose quickness in being able to determine the solution for any problem, now stood rooted to his place, his eyes glancing at Arjuna, and Yudhishthira, and then at the son of Parashara repeatedly. Sahadeva's eyes bore into the ground as sweat beads rolled down his temples visibly.

"Listen to me, O Sons of Pandu!"

Vyasa, originally named Krishna Dvaipayana, the Grandsire of the Pandavas, was the son of Satyavati and Parashara, arrived at their doorstep. After the necessary formalities and exchanging pleasantries, and after the Pandavas revered and worshipped their grandfather, Vyasa asked the Pandavas to sit down with such seriousness in his tone that Arjuna could see a storm approaching.

"You five, all of you, must marry the Princess Krishnaa of Panchala!"

Phalguna looked back up at him, trying hard to control the rapidness with which his heart thudded at that moment.

Surprisingly, the first thought that came to his mind, was not himself, but Krishnaa.

"Pitamaha, how is that possible? That is something impossible Pitamaha, it cannot even happen in the wildest of one's dreams!"

It was Bhimasena who spoke up, and his tone resounded, the undertones of pleading evident in his shivering tone.

"Pautra Vrikodara, why do you think that it is impossible? You too were engrossed when you heard of Rajakumai Draupadi, were you not?"

"Pitamaha, engrossment and interest are things that are based only on time, and on situations. And at that moment, though I am not sure of the reason of our interest and captivation, it might just be because of the unique tale of her birth."Yudhishthira spoke up, his hands put together in a namaskara.
He has tears adorn his eyes, his copper irises glistening. He was shook at the seriousness with which Vyasa Maharshi declared that the five of the sons of Pandu must marry the daughter of Drupada.

But all that flashed in-front of his eyes was Krishnaa's visage, lined with confusion. All that flashed in his consciousness was Arjuna's love for a Krishnaa. But the fascination and the tender respect in his heart for Draupadi too, flashed for Yudhishthira, who glanced gravely at Arjuna who held him tightly, support seeping into him from his younger brother.

"Dharmaja, I am well aware of the questions that are going on in your mind. So am I aware of h the pool of confusion that has taken form in your heart, Bhimasena. And I very well understand the trepidation and confusion in your hearts, Sahadeva and Nakula. But nothing in this world will happen without a reason. Destiny and Dharma always go hand in hand, PanduPutras, and it is high time that you understand that."