III

Blossom woke up in a wide field. The sky was tinted a lavender hue, and the air smelled sweet like honey. Prey was everywhere, and cats around her were grooming their pelts, which seemed to be shining. What is this place? She thought in wonder.

"This is StarClan," A mew voiced behind her, and she turned around to see a tortoiseshell she-cat with an even sweeter scent. StarClan? Am I dreaming or something? The she-cat smiled at her and flicked her tail towards the other cats, grooming in the sun.

"I am Spottedleaf. This is the place where the dead come once their lives are over," She explained, her amber eyes unfocusing, as if something was wrong.

"I'm dead?!" Blossom gasped, earning a few confused looks from the other cats around her. She looked at her paws. There didn't seem to be any sparkles in them. Spottedleaf let out a small chuckle, and to Blossoms relief, shook her head.

"No, you're not dead. In fact, I believe we are being watched by another living cat," Spottedleaf murmured, then quickly turned her head towards a bush.

"Come out Jaypaw, I know you're there," Spottedleaf smiled. At first, nothing happened. Then the shrub started to rustle, as if a cat was in it. Then Jaypaw popped out, leaves in his pelt and an embarrassed look on his face. Living cats can dream the same dream with the dead? Then she noticed another thing. He had pupils.

"You can see?" She gasped earning a small chuckle from Spottedleaf. Jaypaw whispered something under his breath. "-her eyes," Was all she heard, and she frowned at him, confused.

"Did you say something about my eyes?" She asked, making him flinch. He flicked his tail towards Spottedleaf, directing his attention to her.

"Why is she here? Cats outside the clans can't dream about the dead," He stated, making her feel a bit hurt somehow. Spottedleaf lifted up and eyebrow, then traced the dirt with her claws.

"You out of all people should know that people beyond the Clans have the power to dream of the dead. The Tribe of Running Water, for instance," She said, her sparkly pelt glimmering in the sun-high morning. Clans? Tribes? Leafpool did say something about ThunderClan, does that have anything to do with it? She shook her head,

"Why am I here? I'm not a clan or tribe cat," She said, earning a soft murmur from Spottedleaf.

"There has been a prophecy foretold: There will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws, and a fourth ally who will help them with their cause." Spottedleaf told her, her tail swishing ominously. Blossom blinked a few times.

"Who are the three? And their ally?" Nothing seemed to make sense to her, first these clans, then prophecies? Her vision started to fog up.

"It's time to return back to your world. Remember the prophecy, Blossom," The tortoiseshell cat warned, and then everything went black.