A tour

"This is Estrella. She's the vampire king's daughter, so I advise you to respect her. She will be joining our classes, and will be helping us with the disappearances that have occurred in these past days." Ms. Brown pointed to the girl next to her.

After two weeks since they went to the orphanage, numerous people have gone missing. The principal gathered all of his strongest seniors and sent them to police departments, and well, things have been messy since Veton stopped leading the groups.

Estrella was...intimidating. Probably as tall as Nikolai, her eyes were a dark blue mingled with red specs all around towards the center of her pupil, and her hair was long, straight, a dirty colored darkened ginger. She had royalty air; no matter how you put it, her stance was perfect, as was her face.

"Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you." Estrella's voice was calm yet commanding, and her presence demanded attention. All of the students raised themselves and bowed, including Max, who almost tripped. And she felt embarrassed because she didn't salute the future queen politely like the others. However, she didn't feel as bad when she realized something.

Jane didn't bow.

Jane stood her ground, observing Estrella with a hint of skepticism in her eyes. It was clear that Jane was not easily swayed by authority figures, even those as imposing as Estrella. Jane's defiance caught Estrella's attention, and she approached her with a curious expression. Jane remained unfazed, meeting Estrella's gaze head-on without flinching.

"You didn't bow? I'm impressed." Jane's boldness seemed to intrigue Estrella, who smiled slightly before speaking again. "You have spirit, Jane. I like that." She smiled, but Jane just stared blankly at her.

"I'm not bowing to you." Estrella's smile faltered slightly, but she maintained her composure. "Very well," she said, her tone firm but not unkind. Jane's refusal to bow only seemed to increase Estrella's interest in her.

Estrella extended her hand toward Jane. "Shall I get to know your name?" she asked a hint of challenge in her voice.

Jane raised an eyebrow and looked at her nonchalantly. "You've been shown the records. You know who I am." Estrella's eyes sparkled with amusement. "Ah, but I prefer to hear it from the source," she replied smoothly.

"Just call me Ives." She mumbled, her voice laced with irritation.

"Why not Jane?" She crossed her arms, gazing down at Jane, who was staring her dead in the eye. "Is it reserved?"

"You don't even know me." Estrella chuckled, her confidence unwavering. "I have a feeling I'll get to know you soon enough," she said cryptically. Jane's expression remained unreadable as she simply replied, "Time will tell."

Max couldn't believe how bold this girl actually was. Doing that in front of royalty?!

"Time will tell," Estrella repeated after her, a smile on her lips. She tilted her head a bit down and looked at Max. "We look alike, don't we?" She laughed softly, and Beverly glared at her. Was something wrong? Why was Bev staring so...angrily at Estrella?

"I-I guess," Max mumbled quietly, keeping her head down. Estrella's smile widened, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You'll see," she said happily before turning to walk away, taking a seat right in front of the class.

Beverly put her earbuds in and began scribbling something on a piece of paper. Max knew it was for her. She threw it under the desk, and Max picked it up subtly.

'I have a bad feeling about her.'

Max nodded in Beverly's way.

"The king invited all of the class to his palace this evening, and our school accepted gladly. Who'd want to miss such an opportunity?" Ms. Brown said it with enthusiasm. All of the students exclaimed yes, except for Jane and Beverly, plus Max, who was quiet.